• 1,852 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    "Cause it's always like that with the Dead, you know - it's always the whole thing." - News Journal

As we close out the 2019 Dave Pick's series, we deliver on our promise to give you the "whole thing" with the complete performance from The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA 3/24/73 and what a show it was! An upstanding "musical eulogy" to the recently departed Pigpen, the Grateful Dead conducted a potent study in contrasts on this bittersweet night. They found easy balance between tidy jams like "They Love Each Other," "Wave That Flag," "Playing In The Band," and introspective moments on "Stella Blue," "Sing Me Back Home," and a poignant "He's Gone." It was all laid down with a discipline and a polish unheard of in any of the truly exceptional shows that had come before it. Yes, you might say, they cleaned up nice to carry on the legacy as Pig would have wanted.

Limited to 20,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 32: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA 3/24/73 has been mastered to HDCD specs from the 7" and 10" reels by Jeffrey Norman.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • JimInMD

You are a kind soul and a great presence here.

..but try and cut VGuy some slack. You have to understand.. before Mrs. VGuy, there was Gisele.. and Tom Brady ripped her away from Vegas and our beloved Senator for peace and legal weed. I bet once those restraining orders expire (Tom can be so harsh) or she comes to her senses and files for divorce.. everything will get back to normal.

• carlo13

We get that a lot. No problem V.

• carlo13

I support white rhino research by donating money I would otherwise spend on cigars. The white rhinos are also extinct except for 2 non-fertile females, but the scientists have viable female eggs that have been fertilized by another type of rhinos in hope of bringing back the white rhinos. Please help these poor rhinos. They are really great animals. Peace

• Vguy72

AC/DC - Back In Black
    Deep Purple - Who Do We Think We Are?
    Deep Purple - Deep Purple
    GOGD - Dick's 29. 5.21.77
    GOGD - Ready Or Not
    -----
    I wish the Patriots would just go away. Sorry Carlo.

• JimInMD

Malaysia's last known Sumatran rhino died today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i5Qpr1l3PI

"I'm a lone rhinoceros
    There ain't one hell of a lots of us
    Left in this world."

• carlo13

10-1. Sweet.

• LedDed

Rodgers, being battle-tested and a proven Super Bowl Champion should prevail over that west coast poser, Jimmy G.

But we'll see.

In the meantime, we've been rocking in the rockies:

Iron Maiden / Somewhere Back In Time: The Best Of 1980 -1989

Jack Bruce / A Question Of Time

Mark Lanegan / Bubblegum

AC/DC / Powerage

ZZ Top / Eliminator

\m/

• Thats_Otis

Thanks, brother! How could I have forgotten about Dave's 5?!?! One of my all time faves!

Peace

• stoltzfus

A unique guy

• stoltzfus

Please Dave
    Please

With 2 17 73's HCS > CCS > IKYR as filler on disc 4

Yeah baby

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 6 months

"Cause it's always like that with the Dead, you know - it's always the whole thing." - News Journal

As we close out the 2019 Dave Pick's series, we deliver on our promise to give you the "whole thing" with the complete performance from The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA 3/24/73 and what a show it was! An upstanding "musical eulogy" to the recently departed Pigpen, the Grateful Dead conducted a potent study in contrasts on this bittersweet night. They found easy balance between tidy jams like "They Love Each Other," "Wave That Flag," "Playing In The Band," and introspective moments on "Stella Blue," "Sing Me Back Home," and a poignant "He's Gone." It was all laid down with a discipline and a polish unheard of in any of the truly exceptional shows that had come before it. Yes, you might say, they cleaned up nice to carry on the legacy as Pig would have wanted.

Limited to 20,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 32: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA 3/24/73 has been mastered to HDCD specs from the 7" and 10" reels by Jeffrey Norman.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

In reply to by samspade

I got sent a 2nd copy of 32 in error
I am happy to pass on provided you assure me you won't be selling it on ebay
pm me if interested

user picture

Member for

13 years 7 months

Hi All,

As of yesterday a replacement copy of Dave's Picks Volume 32 arrived and was in mint condition. It took 3 months and a few contacts to customer support and Marye, but I've finally got it and that may mean there is some hope for others that may be waiting on an initial or replacement copy of this installment.

One thing to mention. It is a numbered copy and a low one at that -- #544. Seems kind of odd that this Volume 32 sold out and I'm getting one that is numbered. This is not a complaint, but just saying...

A BIG THANKS to Marye for her help on my issue because I am sure it was her inquires to The Doc that made this eventually happen.

Good luck to all that are still waiting for a Volume 32. Hopefully, Help Is On The Way!

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/dave-s-picks/dave-s-picks-vol-32-1.html