• 1,852 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    "Cause it's always like that with the Dead, you know - it's always the whole thing." - News Journal

As we close out the 2019 Dave Pick's series, we deliver on our promise to give you the "whole thing" with the complete performance from The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA 3/24/73 and what a show it was! An upstanding "musical eulogy" to the recently departed Pigpen, the Grateful Dead conducted a potent study in contrasts on this bittersweet night. They found easy balance between tidy jams like "They Love Each Other," "Wave That Flag," "Playing In The Band," and introspective moments on "Stella Blue," "Sing Me Back Home," and a poignant "He's Gone." It was all laid down with a discipline and a polish unheard of in any of the truly exceptional shows that had come before it. Yes, you might say, they cleaned up nice to carry on the legacy as Pig would have wanted.

Limited to 20,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 32: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA 3/24/73 has been mastered to HDCD specs from the 7" and 10" reels by Jeffrey Norman.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • JimInMD

We're with you man.. we're already working on for your re-election, Senator. Your future is bright.

As for previous spring, I might be of the inclination that Springfield was a better show but I like Boston more. That recording sparkles for the era and I think it might just sound better than the Spectrum. I do like the performance of the Spectrum the best though.. disc 3 is hot, the Sunshine also shines.. and the PITB and Stella Blue? Wowwow stuff, but admittedly I have a '73 bias.

• Vguy72

.... underrated in this day. This is why I visit here.

• wilfredtjones

12/12/78 (nice board)
    12/17/78 (get the one with the bob interview and both audience and board to get the whole show)

• JackstrawJay

Now here's something to chew....been waiting for something like this from Garcia Saunders.

Garcia Saunders 1.23.73 Boarding House San Francisco....release date 12.20.19!!!

So flippin' funky.....absolute smoker!!!!

• stoltzfus

previous Spring 73 not outstanding?

WHA'???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I disagree, good sir.

• samsonabby
    Default Avatar

Enjoying the latest Dave's Picks from 3/24/73. Very good show. I did not think the previous spring 73 shows from Springfield and Boston were outstanding. Glad to have this Philadelphia show.

• stoltzfus

12/19/78
    1/5/79
    1/8/79
    12/16/78
    1/14/79
    1/20/79
    1/10/79

• stoltzfus

I forgot how great the Ramones first album is

high energy stuff

• JimInMD

I had Day Job therapy today. Time to wash it away with some ripping Grateful Dead. Did someone mention therapy? This shit beats the hell out of prozak…

(edit: minor clarification.. no, I didn't listen to day job for therapy, I need therapy because of my day job)

• bob t
    My biggest gap in my live Keith and Donna era starts today

When i was trading tapes back in Mid 80's to early 90's, i really lacked a lot of good quality shows from 11/13/78 Boston to their last show on 2/17/79. There were just not a lot out there. 11/24/78 Cap Theatre in Passaic from the radio broadcast, 12/30/78 Pauley Pavilion, and Closing of Winterland (Also with my VHS copy that i got in 1988. Also my favorite unique show that I never have spoken about on here, 11/20/78 Set II from Cleveland Music Hall with the last If I had the World to Give. The Rock for Life show from 2/17/79.. I' m listening to 11/18/78 Uptown Charlie Miller Board right now... If any of you have any recommendations from these 40 odd shows, that i haven't really ever listened to that much please let me know.... Thanks.... Bob t

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 6 months

"Cause it's always like that with the Dead, you know - it's always the whole thing." - News Journal

As we close out the 2019 Dave Pick's series, we deliver on our promise to give you the "whole thing" with the complete performance from The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA 3/24/73 and what a show it was! An upstanding "musical eulogy" to the recently departed Pigpen, the Grateful Dead conducted a potent study in contrasts on this bittersweet night. They found easy balance between tidy jams like "They Love Each Other," "Wave That Flag," "Playing In The Band," and introspective moments on "Stella Blue," "Sing Me Back Home," and a poignant "He's Gone." It was all laid down with a discipline and a polish unheard of in any of the truly exceptional shows that had come before it. Yes, you might say, they cleaned up nice to carry on the legacy as Pig would have wanted.

Limited to 20,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 32: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA 3/24/73 has been mastered to HDCD specs from the 7" and 10" reels by Jeffrey Norman.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

In reply to by samspade

I got sent a 2nd copy of 32 in error
I am happy to pass on provided you assure me you won't be selling it on ebay
pm me if interested

user picture

Member for

13 years 7 months

Hi All,

As of yesterday a replacement copy of Dave's Picks Volume 32 arrived and was in mint condition. It took 3 months and a few contacts to customer support and Marye, but I've finally got it and that may mean there is some hope for others that may be waiting on an initial or replacement copy of this installment.

One thing to mention. It is a numbered copy and a low one at that -- #544. Seems kind of odd that this Volume 32 sold out and I'm getting one that is numbered. This is not a complaint, but just saying...

A BIG THANKS to Marye for her help on my issue because I am sure it was her inquires to The Doc that made this eventually happen.

Good luck to all that are still waiting for a Volume 32. Hopefully, Help Is On The Way!

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/dave-s-picks/dave-s-picks-vol-32-1.html