• 1,852 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    "Cause it's always like that with the Dead, you know - it's always the whole thing." - News Journal

As we close out the 2019 Dave Pick's series, we deliver on our promise to give you the "whole thing" with the complete performance from The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA 3/24/73 and what a show it was! An upstanding "musical eulogy" to the recently departed Pigpen, the Grateful Dead conducted a potent study in contrasts on this bittersweet night. They found easy balance between tidy jams like "They Love Each Other," "Wave That Flag," "Playing In The Band," and introspective moments on "Stella Blue," "Sing Me Back Home," and a poignant "He's Gone." It was all laid down with a discipline and a polish unheard of in any of the truly exceptional shows that had come before it. Yes, you might say, they cleaned up nice to carry on the legacy as Pig would have wanted.

Limited to 20,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 32: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA 3/24/73 has been mastered to HDCD specs from the 7" and 10" reels by Jeffrey Norman.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Colin Gould

CHARLY

No sign here, but since I don’t know how it has been sent I’m not worried. If they used the USPS, as they did for #29 it could easily be December before it arrives. They always manage to sort out problems so I have already subscribed for 2020. Don’t miss out on the reduced price subscription.

• mustin321

Curious about something. Around 5:52 minutes into Truckin', right at the end of the beautiful buildup, it sounds like there might be a glitch in the recording?...or maybe that's just how it was played?... or maybe its just my copy? ...Or maybe I'm crazy and I'm just hearing things that aren't there? I wonder if anyone else noticed this. Trying to seek out some more info before I ask the Dr to send me a replacement disc...

• icecrmcnkd

Maybe Arista paid for multi-track recordings of those Nassau shows, and maybe other shows from that tour, with the intention of releasing a live album.
    Dead Set came out on Arista, but was recorded in the fall.
    If there are other good sounding recordings from spring 80 let’s have some released in 2020 for the 40th anniversary.

• KeithFan2112

And the winterland 1973 complete recordings box set. This is a lot of people's favorites 73. Got the Darkstar going right now... I think I've listened to the new Daves picks about 20 times now so it's a good time to switch it up.

• DeadVikes

Went back to Go to Nassau yesterday. For me there is just something about 1980 that I just love. This release, from way back in 2002, sounds top notch. Interesting to me that there are no recording credits on this one. I wonder what the source was? Multi Track, dat? And Arista, is listed as well as Grateful Dead Productions. I wonder why, did the Dead owe them another live release?
    Anyway, if you don't have it and you like 1980, this rocks and it is relatively inexpensive still.
    So, why have there been so few 1980 releases to date for such a great year for the boys?
    Zero Dick's Picks, one Road Trips and one Dave's Picks so far. And no, I don't consider 12/4/1979 a 1980 release. Just like we don't consider 12/31/76 a 77 release or 12/31/78, a 79 release.

Would love to see them dig into this year a little more and of course the big enchilada in the fall.

• charly
    Default Avatar

Has anyone in the UK received their copy of Dp32 yet?
    No tracking information provided with shipping notification sent on 5 th Nov so don’t know when it will arrive or who is bringing it after the last UPS fiasco.
    Making me hesitant to do the next year sub.

• stoltzfus

Go die and gtf out of here

• shopinternet1

If you are thinking of going for the best internet at the cheapest rate possible, then, Frontier Internet Plans at the Best price is advisable. With the FiOS internet plan that they offer, it is just $50 per month at a download speed of 200 Mbps. Even with the DSL, for the download speed of 25 Mbps, you will just have to spend $30 every month from your pocket. None of the ISPs as trustworthy as the Frontier internet. By preferring Frontier internet, you also choose the best customer service providing ISP. For more info visit https://www.shop-internet.net

• Exile On Main St.

Nobody called me? This is my pot of coffee! You want to watch the documentary film Stones in Exile.

• Vguy72

....5.21.95. Sam Boyd Silver Bowl. Grateful Dead. My buddies and I did a march around the floor during intermission. Thumbs up from plenty of the crowd.
    Speaking of birthdays, my family is currently in Elko, NV visiting a couple of our daughters and grandkids and lo and behold, my stepdaughters dog was apparently pregnant. #6 just arrived.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 6 months

"Cause it's always like that with the Dead, you know - it's always the whole thing." - News Journal

As we close out the 2019 Dave Pick's series, we deliver on our promise to give you the "whole thing" with the complete performance from The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA 3/24/73 and what a show it was! An upstanding "musical eulogy" to the recently departed Pigpen, the Grateful Dead conducted a potent study in contrasts on this bittersweet night. They found easy balance between tidy jams like "They Love Each Other," "Wave That Flag," "Playing In The Band," and introspective moments on "Stella Blue," "Sing Me Back Home," and a poignant "He's Gone." It was all laid down with a discipline and a polish unheard of in any of the truly exceptional shows that had come before it. Yes, you might say, they cleaned up nice to carry on the legacy as Pig would have wanted.

Limited to 20,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 32: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA 3/24/73 has been mastered to HDCD specs from the 7" and 10" reels by Jeffrey Norman.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

In reply to by samspade

I got sent a 2nd copy of 32 in error
I am happy to pass on provided you assure me you won't be selling it on ebay
pm me if interested

user picture

Member for

13 years 7 months

Hi All,

As of yesterday a replacement copy of Dave's Picks Volume 32 arrived and was in mint condition. It took 3 months and a few contacts to customer support and Marye, but I've finally got it and that may mean there is some hope for others that may be waiting on an initial or replacement copy of this installment.

One thing to mention. It is a numbered copy and a low one at that -- #544. Seems kind of odd that this Volume 32 sold out and I'm getting one that is numbered. This is not a complaint, but just saying...

A BIG THANKS to Marye for her help on my issue because I am sure it was her inquires to The Doc that made this eventually happen.

Good luck to all that are still waiting for a Volume 32. Hopefully, Help Is On The Way!

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/dave-s-picks/dave-s-picks-vol-32-1.html