• 7,962 replies
    marye
    Bolo24 says: An Idea, Perhaps? Since we're all going to have a fair amount of spare time on our hands for the foreseeable future, what about starting another thread where we all listen to the same show/release on a given day and then share impressions afterward? Folks can submit suggestions and one person (not me) picks what we'll all listen to - call it Deadnet Picks or something. Anyway, if this idea is deemed to have merit, I'd suggest one of the loyal regular posters take the lead and do the picking - y'all can decide who. Might be fun. If it does go forward, I nominate Dick's Picks 18 for the first listen. Been talked about here lately, and, had it been a single show rather than a compilation, we'd probably be talking about it in the same conversation as Cornell, Veneta, etc. Or perhaps even Gainesville?? Stay safe and healthy, friends - this planet needs as many Deadheads as possible.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • icecrmcnkd

Oberon.

Having one now.

Cheers DV.

• proudfoot

aye Doc

good call

great call

excellent call

• DeadVikes

Love that 5/11/91 show Conekid. And yes, the Oberon is back!

Will throw out 5/25/72 to hit up this week. Need to bust out a few more E72 shows this month.

• Forensicdoceleven
    May you live all the days of your life.....

For all those with an anniversary mentality, think May 11 1969............

Maybe there's a better copy in those banana boxes............

............along with a new and improved Crockett 69 and a complete Chico 68.........

Rock on rockers!!

Doc
    May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.....

• icecrmcnkd

Getting in the anniversary listen.

DV, enjoy the Oberon. Too bad it takes so long to get to you.

• DeadVikes

We made it to May, which means Oberon time here in MN. Finally some warmer weather.

Hope we hear some announcements soon, MUATM and how about the 2024 box set? Man, mum's the word.

Hope all is well out there. Tomorrow I need to finish the Dave's #50 release, which is fantastic to my ears.

• Forensicdoceleven

MIT 5/6/70

Got severely HN'ed this morning, and they didn't even read me my rights..........

Doc
    Life lived for tomorrow will always be just a day away from being realized.......

• nitecat

Harpur was a recording I listened to over and over in the summer of 1972. That's when I realized this was a really different band, and got on the bus, attending the San Jose 1972 show and two of the Berkeley Community Theater shows, one of was the Dark Star>Morning Dew show, which sealed my fate forever.

• PT Barnum

Hey now, gr8 show here, opening Jack Straw high energy and off we go, first set has a Peggy-O and a Loser and ends with a China>Rider. Second set is again where it's at with a monster of a Shakedown estimated>eyes>Drums>Space>Truckin>Black Peter with a Casey Jones encore. check it out

• JimInMD
    I heard from a friend here that today is Harpur College Day

I can only assume it is true. Finished work a little early today, setting the controls for 5/2/1970. A few drops of tincture under the tongue. Hopping on the John Deere. I expect my afternoon will begin by cutting my grass and end destination unknown.

My only wish is that the Hey_Blow nazi's let this post go through unchanged.
    5/1 vs. 5/2. I'm in the 5/2 camp but if you toss in both shows plus the New_Riders from 5/1.. well, lets just throw in 5/6 for a threefor. Trust me, it's going to be alright.

A tip of the glass to what's going on in the world today. I cannot help think of these shows juxtaposed over what's going on in college campuses right now. I refer to my previous statement, chill out a little people, everything's going to be ok. Sit back, listen, enjoy and be.

I love all you guys and girls, the world would be much worse off without us in it.

user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month
Bolo24 says: An Idea, Perhaps? Since we're all going to have a fair amount of spare time on our hands for the foreseeable future, what about starting another thread where we all listen to the same show/release on a given day and then share impressions afterward? Folks can submit suggestions and one person (not me) picks what we'll all listen to - call it Deadnet Picks or something. Anyway, if this idea is deemed to have merit, I'd suggest one of the loyal regular posters take the lead and do the picking - y'all can decide who. Might be fun. If it does go forward, I nominate Dick's Picks 18 for the first listen. Been talked about here lately, and, had it been a single show rather than a compilation, we'd probably be talking about it in the same conversation as Cornell, Veneta, etc. Or perhaps even Gainesville?? Stay safe and healthy, friends - this planet needs as many Deadheads as possible.
user picture

Member for

7 years 8 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Not sure if there is a better year, so many great shows and yes, sound quality on releases have varied over the years. Would be interesting to hear 10/19 with Plagent.
I think the HCS Box sounds better than the PNW box.

Which reminds me, I should listen the Des Moines show tomorrow.

Would love to send some rain your way Jim. We have had more rain here in the last three months than we had in the previous three years.

July should bring us the 2024 Box reveal and for sure Dave's Picks #51. What will it be?

85, 77 and 69? 91?

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

I happened upon a thingie on your toob

GD
England 1970
The Lost Film

Very worth checking out

user picture

Member for

13 years

In reply to by proudfoot

I saw that video hanging around there.. like an hour and a half. I've been crazy busy doing useless crap for other people lately.. so I only got about a third of the way through it last night. It must have been uploaded recently.

Needing a pick me up, how about 5/7/89, something someone we all know and love mentioned on the Dave's 50 thread. I don't think I have listened to it.

Sorry about your rain DVikes. If you pee in the river I live on it would probably double the flow. (not that I am recommending peeing in rivers, power to the fishies)

If they made 10/19/73 sound better, I'd buy two just to thank them for their trouble.

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Gotta revisit 10/19/73

Like Alpine 89, I have never fully understood what is so aMAzing about it.

A road trip with 10/19/73 should do the trick....

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by JimInMD

There's a lot of subtlety to it

And some unsubtle things, too :)))

For whatever reason, I really enjoyed it yesterday.

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by proudfoot

Fallout from the Phil Zone

Listen to it sometime this month

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by proudfoot

Infrared Roses

Listening to that again for the first time in a while

Just finishing up the Des Moines show from the HCS. I love this box!

Jim, I will get 5/7/89 rolling this afternoon. I believe this was a Rex benefit show.

Hope you all can enjoy some good Dead music this week.

Happy Fourth of July weekend out there. Hope you all had a good day and enjoy the weekend. July is my favorite month of the year and the Dead played some great shows in July.