• 7,961 replies
    marye
    Bolo24 says: An Idea, Perhaps? Since we're all going to have a fair amount of spare time on our hands for the foreseeable future, what about starting another thread where we all listen to the same show/release on a given day and then share impressions afterward? Folks can submit suggestions and one person (not me) picks what we'll all listen to - call it Deadnet Picks or something. Anyway, if this idea is deemed to have merit, I'd suggest one of the loyal regular posters take the lead and do the picking - y'all can decide who. Might be fun. If it does go forward, I nominate Dick's Picks 18 for the first listen. Been talked about here lately, and, had it been a single show rather than a compilation, we'd probably be talking about it in the same conversation as Cornell, Veneta, etc. Or perhaps even Gainesville?? Stay safe and healthy, friends - this planet needs as many Deadheads as possible.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • DeadVikes

That is easy, 12/31, and yes, I am with you on 10/9 and I will add 10/10, both Beacon shows, shit the list is growing. Just wish they played more shows in 76.

Edit. And of course 6/9.

• proudfoot

Heard High Time through end of set on cassette one enchanted evening back in the day

Yummy

• proudfoot

2026 box o GD76

yeeesssss.....

• icecrmcnkd

I’ll take those too.

But my priority show is a Plangentized/Normanized 6-29-76.

6-14-76 playing in the car yesterday and today, and Monday because I’m not done yet.

My favorite ‘76 shows are 6-14, 6-29, 10-9.
    Two released so far.

• billy the kiddd

I've mentioned 7/13/76 as a good release lots of times. I was fortunate to have been there.

• Oroborous

“HI, I’m butters and I’m…”
    But seriously, how come nobody ever includes any of the Orpheum shows when dis using 76 box wishes?

Edit: where does seventy Sixtus stand on this ; ) lol

• icecrmcnkd

1976 - 57 REELS

• 06-10-76 Boston MA, 5 x 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Complete
    • *06-11-76 Boston MA, 5 x 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Complete *= + 1 REEL NOT ON ORIGINAL INVENTORY*
    • 06-14-76 NYC, 5 x 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Complete
    • 06-15-76 NYC, 5 x 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Complete
    • 06-17-76 Passaic NJ, 5 x 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Complete
    • 06-18-76 Passaic NJ, 5 x 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Complete
    • 06-19-76 Passaic NJ, 5 x 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Complete
    • 06-21-76 Philadelphia PA, 5 x 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Complete
    • 06-22-76 Philadelphia PA, 5 X 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Complete
    • 06-23-76 Philadelphia PA, 1 x 7” REEL Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Reel #1
    • 06-26-76 Chicago IL, 5 X 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Complete
    • 06-28-76 Chicago IL, 1 X 7” REEL Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Reel #2
    • 06-29-76 Chicago IL, 5 x 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Complete

2026 would be a grate year to release June 1976 The Other One Box.

• JimInMD

Seventy-Four

No argument here.

• DeadVikes

Time will tell. Would love to see any 1980 shows out, but, I still have my money on October 74 at Winterland.

• JimInMD

Is a very good show. It makes sense to release them now. We have become more accustomed to cassette masters and this run is as good as most if not any of what has been released lately. Combining this with Hawaii does make a little sense, or as a Dave's Picks.

One thing cone kid said recently was more June 76. Years ago when I listened to all of 76 in sequence the Tower Theatre shows (and I think Beacon) were not the best sound quality. In fact, I believe there were a few where only audience existed. This was probably ten years ago so and I haven't checked for upgrades lately.

Anyway, they have been doing this thing this year on SiriusXM's GD Channel where either Gary Lambert of David Gans does a deep dive into a show for some reason or another and they highlight a few songs for a week with some language on why they are playing and it's importance, quality, etc.

This week Gans has been focusing on one of the Tower Theatre shows and I'll be damned if the sound quality is not supreme, just like the first June 76 box. This is a major upgrade from what I pulled down from the archive all those years ago.

So yea.. 6/20/80 Alaska. Why not I say. Also, I really like the Matrix approach they pulled off with Dave's Picks vol 8. I love that show, another 1980 cassette master matched with a really special audience recording. They pulled it of, I'd hate to think this was a one-off.

user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month
Bolo24 says: An Idea, Perhaps? Since we're all going to have a fair amount of spare time on our hands for the foreseeable future, what about starting another thread where we all listen to the same show/release on a given day and then share impressions afterward? Folks can submit suggestions and one person (not me) picks what we'll all listen to - call it Deadnet Picks or something. Anyway, if this idea is deemed to have merit, I'd suggest one of the loyal regular posters take the lead and do the picking - y'all can decide who. Might be fun. If it does go forward, I nominate Dick's Picks 18 for the first listen. Been talked about here lately, and, had it been a single show rather than a compilation, we'd probably be talking about it in the same conversation as Cornell, Veneta, etc. Or perhaps even Gainesville?? Stay safe and healthy, friends - this planet needs as many Deadheads as possible.
user picture

Member for

7 years 8 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Not sure if there is a better year, so many great shows and yes, sound quality on releases have varied over the years. Would be interesting to hear 10/19 with Plagent.
I think the HCS Box sounds better than the PNW box.

Which reminds me, I should listen the Des Moines show tomorrow.

Would love to send some rain your way Jim. We have had more rain here in the last three months than we had in the previous three years.

July should bring us the 2024 Box reveal and for sure Dave's Picks #51. What will it be?

85, 77 and 69? 91?

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

I happened upon a thingie on your toob

GD
England 1970
The Lost Film

Very worth checking out

user picture

Member for

13 years

In reply to by proudfoot

I saw that video hanging around there.. like an hour and a half. I've been crazy busy doing useless crap for other people lately.. so I only got about a third of the way through it last night. It must have been uploaded recently.

Needing a pick me up, how about 5/7/89, something someone we all know and love mentioned on the Dave's 50 thread. I don't think I have listened to it.

Sorry about your rain DVikes. If you pee in the river I live on it would probably double the flow. (not that I am recommending peeing in rivers, power to the fishies)

If they made 10/19/73 sound better, I'd buy two just to thank them for their trouble.

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Gotta revisit 10/19/73

Like Alpine 89, I have never fully understood what is so aMAzing about it.

A road trip with 10/19/73 should do the trick....

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by JimInMD

There's a lot of subtlety to it

And some unsubtle things, too :)))

For whatever reason, I really enjoyed it yesterday.

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by proudfoot

Fallout from the Phil Zone

Listen to it sometime this month

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by proudfoot

Infrared Roses

Listening to that again for the first time in a while

Just finishing up the Des Moines show from the HCS. I love this box!

Jim, I will get 5/7/89 rolling this afternoon. I believe this was a Rex benefit show.

Hope you all can enjoy some good Dead music this week.