• 7,962 replies
    marye
    Bolo24 says: An Idea, Perhaps? Since we're all going to have a fair amount of spare time on our hands for the foreseeable future, what about starting another thread where we all listen to the same show/release on a given day and then share impressions afterward? Folks can submit suggestions and one person (not me) picks what we'll all listen to - call it Deadnet Picks or something. Anyway, if this idea is deemed to have merit, I'd suggest one of the loyal regular posters take the lead and do the picking - y'all can decide who. Might be fun. If it does go forward, I nominate Dick's Picks 18 for the first listen. Been talked about here lately, and, had it been a single show rather than a compilation, we'd probably be talking about it in the same conversation as Cornell, Veneta, etc. Or perhaps even Gainesville?? Stay safe and healthy, friends - this planet needs as many Deadheads as possible.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Vguy72

....on it. (I'm the tour buddy still in the car doing bong rips as y'all are heading to the gate.)

• fourwindsblow

Sugaree lovely, the rest of the set is okay Music rocks! Set 2 Alabama grooving, GSET explosive!, Terrapin super sweet jam, PITB end jam is sick!, UJB outta drums/space yes!, short Miracle, Bertha>Good Love, CJ , OMSN rockin!

• billy the kid

I was at this show, it was a blast! Sugaree, High Time, The Music Never Stopped, this show was great from start to finish. This show sounds so much better then Dave's Picks 31 from just a .sound point of view. Yeah, this show was a hell of a lot of fun!

• bolo24

Nice - been a while since that one hit my headphones.

MHammond gets a gold star. But what did you listen to AFTER lunch?

• Gratefulhan

I relocated last week and since that time I have been unpacking as much as I can and maintaining my workload from home. So I have been out of commission here for a while. I came across this pick of the day and I am all for it.

Just to throw a show out there ( not for today) but how about 9/8/73? I have never heard it but Dick Latvala spoke highly of it. It might be nice to give it a listen.

Meanwhile it looks RT 3.1 will it be for today. Maybe I will add 4/8/72 as well.

• Oroborous

I’m down, right after my John Prine compilation

• DeadVikes

Okay Bolo, what are your thoughts?
    Next show for today?

I suggested 12/28/79. RT3.1

• fourwindsblow

This one has a nice slow relaxed build up with some ripping Jerry. TOO than blows the roof off! The only TOO>Brokedown Palace. End of set 2 all great. A perfect prelude to the next to nights.

ps. 4/7 Rips the paint off the walls from the first note. No contest.

• Vguy72

....it's toasty.

• mhammond12

Listened to both Dave Picks 11, 11/17/72, and Europe 72, 04/07/72, as assigned by Bolo. Dave's Picks 11 is one of my favorite releases. Great recording by Owsley improved by the treatment of Mr. Norman. Has an incredible Bird Song. Just a wonderful release.

Europe 72, 04/07/72 Wembley just blows it away. Leaves a smoking crater where Wichita used to be. Europe 72 can not be bettered.

user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month
Bolo24 says: An Idea, Perhaps? Since we're all going to have a fair amount of spare time on our hands for the foreseeable future, what about starting another thread where we all listen to the same show/release on a given day and then share impressions afterward? Folks can submit suggestions and one person (not me) picks what we'll all listen to - call it Deadnet Picks or something. Anyway, if this idea is deemed to have merit, I'd suggest one of the loyal regular posters take the lead and do the picking - y'all can decide who. Might be fun. If it does go forward, I nominate Dick's Picks 18 for the first listen. Been talked about here lately, and, had it been a single show rather than a compilation, we'd probably be talking about it in the same conversation as Cornell, Veneta, etc. Or perhaps even Gainesville?? Stay safe and healthy, friends - this planet needs as many Deadheads as possible.
user picture

Member for

7 years 8 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Not sure if there is a better year, so many great shows and yes, sound quality on releases have varied over the years. Would be interesting to hear 10/19 with Plagent.
I think the HCS Box sounds better than the PNW box.

Which reminds me, I should listen the Des Moines show tomorrow.

Would love to send some rain your way Jim. We have had more rain here in the last three months than we had in the previous three years.

July should bring us the 2024 Box reveal and for sure Dave's Picks #51. What will it be?

85, 77 and 69? 91?

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

I happened upon a thingie on your toob

GD
England 1970
The Lost Film

Very worth checking out

user picture

Member for

13 years

In reply to by proudfoot

I saw that video hanging around there.. like an hour and a half. I've been crazy busy doing useless crap for other people lately.. so I only got about a third of the way through it last night. It must have been uploaded recently.

Needing a pick me up, how about 5/7/89, something someone we all know and love mentioned on the Dave's 50 thread. I don't think I have listened to it.

Sorry about your rain DVikes. If you pee in the river I live on it would probably double the flow. (not that I am recommending peeing in rivers, power to the fishies)

If they made 10/19/73 sound better, I'd buy two just to thank them for their trouble.

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Gotta revisit 10/19/73

Like Alpine 89, I have never fully understood what is so aMAzing about it.

A road trip with 10/19/73 should do the trick....

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by JimInMD

There's a lot of subtlety to it

And some unsubtle things, too :)))

For whatever reason, I really enjoyed it yesterday.

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by proudfoot

Fallout from the Phil Zone

Listen to it sometime this month

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by proudfoot

Infrared Roses

Listening to that again for the first time in a while

Just finishing up the Des Moines show from the HCS. I love this box!

Jim, I will get 5/7/89 rolling this afternoon. I believe this was a Rex benefit show.

Hope you all can enjoy some good Dead music this week.

Happy Fourth of July weekend out there. Hope you all had a good day and enjoy the weekend. July is my favorite month of the year and the Dead played some great shows in July.