• 2,197 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    "To my ears, the best Dead shows are those that not only fit the criteria that make them amongst the best of a year, but that are also completely unique for their era—shows that fit perfectly into their year of performance, but also fall somewhat outside of the norm for that year. Harpur College, Veneta, Cornell, Cape Cod, and Augusta are all shows that are objectively excellent, and if they are not the best from their respective years of performance, they are certainly unique. Miami 6/23/74 falls into that category: not only one of the very best shows from this outstanding year, but also one of the most interesting and unique. It’s certainly worthy of many, many deep listens." - David Lemieux

¡Ándale, ándale! ¡Arriba, arriba! We're back with a hot one from Miami, F-L-A. DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 34 features the complete show from the Jai Alai Fronton, 6/23/74, one with unparalleled sound quality due in equal parts to the Wall Of Sound and the beautiful sonic clarity of Kidd Candelario's tapes. The first set is chock full of dynamite takes on classics like "Ramble On Rose," "Mississippi Half-Step," and "Cumberland Blues." The second set delivers on the JAMS - one leading into a gorgeous "Ship Of Fools," one rare instrumental version of "Dark Star," and a "Spanish Jam," this is Miami after all! The show also offers up a "first" and an "only" - the former, a Seastones set featuring Phil and Ned Lagin and the latter, the sole Grateful Dead performance of Chuck Berry's "Let It Rock."

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL.34: JAI ALAI FRONTON, MIAMI, FL 6/23/74 has been mastered from the 7.5 IPS reel-to-reel tapes to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman. ¡Agarrarlo mientras esta calientito! (Get it while it's hot!)

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Subscribed to Dave's Picks? With this release, you'll also get a bonus disc with selections from Miami 6/22/74. Excellente!

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Bolderdash
    Any sub/bonus-disc versions that are unnumbered?

This is kind of an odd question but I am wondering if anyone is aware of the existence of subscriber versions of this (with the bonus disc) that are NOT numbered? The reason I ask is because when this was released, my order got utterly lost en route, and so I contacted Dead.net for a replacement. IIRC, the title was already sold out, and yet I got a replacement with the subscriber bonus disc, which made me happy. I had been so anxious to hear an official version of these shows that by the time the replacement was sent, I had already obtained the digital audio files from what may or may not have been nefarious means.. So I kept my copy sealed. Then, lo and behold, months later my original order shows up at my door, and in one piece too!

But I've been hanging on to that replacement order for years now, and since times are especially tough in my house, I'm considering selling it for whatever the invisible hand of the market decides its worth. However, I can't discover whether or not it is a numbered copy without breaking the shrink wrap. So back to my question - are they any known *unnumbered* copies of this or any other DP entries that shipped with a bonus disc? I've also heard of people collecting the unnumbered / promo copies, which seems weird to me (it's not like promo vinyl where there are sound quality reasons to want a white-label promo).

On a related note, I received another unnumbered copy, this time DP 49, in February, and Dead.net replied to my inquiry in record time and sent out a replacement via FedEx lickity-split. I've also had a few vinyl orders that shipped out FedEx as the default lately. Good on them for (finally) upping their shipping game!

• uncle_tripel

...thanks for passing on the photo's from Jai-Alai from your friend, just looking at them as I load up disc 1 for today's LET IT ROCK n roll show. Sending MANY healing VIBES your way!

PEACE ALL!
    uncle_tripel

• uncle_tripel

keep'em comin', more '74!
    celebrating 50 years!!

uncle_tripel

• icecrmcnkd

Yes, it was available for $28.98 last Thursday.

9-8-73, -2-23-74, 11-2-69/12-26-69 still available.

• icecrmcnkd

I think that 6-23-74 was just available last week as part of the warehouse finds.

• OpenYourEyes
    Please re-release this one or make it available digitally!

See subject.
    Such a shame that these great releases get locked away or only available to those who can pay super inflated prices on the reseller market!

• Forensicdoceleven
    You are the music while the music lasts......

DEWAJACK check your pm..............................

Rock on,

Doc

• daverock

I often look on Discogs site to see if there are second hand box sets that I am looking for. I can't say I have ever bought a Dead show from them-and those I have looked at don't come cheap. But I have found bargains by other artists-so it's worth a look if you haven't checked them out before.

• dewajack
    Default Avatar

Long time Dead listener. I've purchased Dead shows on and off through the years, but have missed the boat on many great shows officially released in recent years due to life's demands. Last item I purchased was "Get Shown the Light." I was wondering is there anywhere to buy sold out official Dead releases for a reasonable price anywhere? I get on eBay and about pass out when I see the prices listed for individual Dave's Picks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Forensicdoceleven

Well, finally got my stuff, not exactly what I asked for but it'll have to do. Better late than never, I suppose...........

Nothing left to discuss here, let's move on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Doc
    Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 3 months

"To my ears, the best Dead shows are those that not only fit the criteria that make them amongst the best of a year, but that are also completely unique for their era—shows that fit perfectly into their year of performance, but also fall somewhat outside of the norm for that year. Harpur College, Veneta, Cornell, Cape Cod, and Augusta are all shows that are objectively excellent, and if they are not the best from their respective years of performance, they are certainly unique. Miami 6/23/74 falls into that category: not only one of the very best shows from this outstanding year, but also one of the most interesting and unique. It’s certainly worthy of many, many deep listens." - David Lemieux

¡Ándale, ándale! ¡Arriba, arriba! We're back with a hot one from Miami, F-L-A. DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 34 features the complete show from the Jai Alai Fronton, 6/23/74, one with unparalleled sound quality due in equal parts to the Wall Of Sound and the beautiful sonic clarity of Kidd Candelario's tapes. The first set is chock full of dynamite takes on classics like "Ramble On Rose," "Mississippi Half-Step," and "Cumberland Blues." The second set delivers on the JAMS - one leading into a gorgeous "Ship Of Fools," one rare instrumental version of "Dark Star," and a "Spanish Jam," this is Miami after all! The show also offers up a "first" and an "only" - the former, a Seastones set featuring Phil and Ned Lagin and the latter, the sole Grateful Dead performance of Chuck Berry's "Let It Rock."

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL.34: JAI ALAI FRONTON, MIAMI, FL 6/23/74 has been mastered from the 7.5 IPS reel-to-reel tapes to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman. ¡Agarrarlo mientras esta calientito! (Get it while it's hot!)

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Subscribed to Dave's Picks? With this release, you'll also get a bonus disc with selections from Miami 6/22/74. Excellente!

user picture

Member for

14 years 10 months

Thanks man!

user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

Very cool avatar picture. Looks like a nice day too.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by mhammond12

Dave's: #4, #5, #6:
#4 = 9/24/76 William & Mary
#5 = 11/17/73 Pauley Pavillion
#6 = 2/2/70 + 12/20/69 +12/21 bonus disc.

Only drawback is the two complete shows from #6 have a lot of repeats (as does the bonus disc). But the fact that TC is there for the'69 but not the '70 makes that fact a plus. Showing how some tunes changed (or not).

That UCLA show might be my favorite show they have released on Dave's/Dicks.

I will try for Dick's as well. Very tempted to go 2,3,4 or 10,11,12, but the completist in me cannot quite do it. I will go #28, #29, #30.

#28: 2/26 & 28/73
#29: 5/19/77 + 5/21/77. 2 shows - 1 Encore.
#39: 3/28/72 complete + 3/25 stuff. Academy of Music.

14 Discs!

user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Gotta say 12/6/73 with the 46 minute Dark Star. awesome Greatest Story, China Cat>I know you Rider and Eyes of the World..... tough to beat... bob t

user picture

Member for

17 years

A couple years ago someone over on that thread said their favorite China>Rider ever is from 6/22/74, the DaP 20 bonus disc. I've got to get in a few more close listens, but being from '74 you know it's a good one.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

In reply to by wilfredtjones

....need to pick my favorite three Dicks and Daves in a row. Oh, the pressure.
I just want you all to know, I look forward to all of your posts. Props me up. 🍻
Three is a magic number people.

user picture

Member for

7 years 4 months

I come hear/here for the jazzy threads of conversation, much like how I return to the well of the Dead for the same, through music.

However today I pay tribute to the Seattle bands, given the recent outstanding release of Mark Lanegan's book, "Sing Backwards And Weep."

Honor roll:

Jimi Hendrix
Heart
Mark Lanegan
Layne Staley
Kurt Cobain
Chris Cornell
Mike McCready
Barrett Martin

\m/

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

17 years

DaP34 arrived alive and well in the west of England which fits just exactly perfectly with completion of Europe 72. Weird things to note, UPS and USPS both seem to still think they’re about to hand over to each other at Fontana outside LA (since April 30) and that dreaded customs charge (£13.52 this time) has been levied again.
Hope everyone else also starting to get theirs delivered too. Stay well.

user picture

Member for

13 years

In reply to by andrew

First.. Awesome news Andrew. Can't tell you how good it feels to get some really good news first thing in the day and a compelling reason to replace your daily news with a daily briefing from dead.net.

As for the best three consecutive Dave's Picks. It really didn't take me much time to put together this list at all:

Dave's Picks Volume 13: Winterland, San Francisco, CA, 2/24/74
Dave's Picks, Volume 5: Pauley Pavilion, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, 11/17/73
Dave's Picks Volume 8: Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA 11/30/80
Dave's Picks Volume 9: Harry Adams Field House, U. of Montana, Missoula, 5/14/74
Dave's Picks Volume 11: Convention Hall, Wichita, KS 11/17/72
Dave's Picks Volume 24: Berkeley Community Theatre, August 25, 1972
Dave's Picks Volume 30: Fillmore East, New York, January 2, 1970
Dave's Picks Volume 34: Jai Alai Fronton, Miami, FL 6/23/74

I feel compelled to add one honorable mention, which combined with the list above makes this the four best consecutive Dave's Picks:

Dave's Picks, Volume 1: The Mosque, Richmond, VA, 5/25/77
Dave's Picks, Volume 2: Dillon Stadium, Hartford, CT, 7/31/74
Dave's Picks, Volume 3: Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL, 10/22/71
Dave's Picks Volume 21: Boston Garden, Boston, MA, April 2, 1973
Dave's Picks Volume 23: McArthur Court, Eugene, January 22, 1978
Dave's Picks Volume 25: Binghamton, November 6, 1977
Dave's Picks Volume 26: Albuquerque, November 17, 1971
Dave's Picks Volume 32: The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA 3/24/73

Whew.. glad I got that out of the way. Not sure why you guys struggled so much and why no one had the same list as me, which I am quite confident is the correct answer.

Favorite Bonus Disc.. easy, …….

Edit / Caveat Emptor - One qualifying comment. You might want to install the "Bad Vibe Be Gone Filter" to your Dead.net app or browser before completely replacing the news with daily briefings from dead.net. A quick install makes things almost exactly practically perfect.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 9 months

Safe arrival in East Kent; no shipping notice, no demand for customs charges, just plopped happily through the letter box 10 minutes and made my day :)

KENT? My first bike as a kid (under 7) was a Kent. It was made in England. Is that where the bikes were from? Do they still make bikes?

user picture

Member for

11 years 8 months

Sir James,

Either your math is off or my reading is really bad.

My favorite release of the series so far is 5. Way ahead of all the others. The next in order of release are 9, 11, 13, 23, 26, 29, 30 and 34.

I don’t really like 28 or 31, so that eliminates 29 and 30, unfortunately. That leaves me with 9, 11 and 13. Of the remaining options, I prefer 12 over 10, resulting in 11, 12, 13.

12 is also one of my favorite cover designs along with 5, 23 and 26. By the way, if Dave did his research, 12 should have been release 13. I do understand that marketing probably played a huge part.

A strong second would be 5, 6, 7. I like release 5 that much and 6 is a great release. 7 comes along by default as I did not like 4 much at all.

Sorry for not including the dates. It’s just too much work. You can use the link, as I did, for reference.

http://www.deaddisc.com/GDFD_Daves_Picks.htm

user picture

Member for

17 years

I have a Kent water bottle for my bike. I do believe they are the last remaining Legacy bike manufacturer (Schwinn, etc.) that still makes bikes in the US. I could be wrong, someone please correct me if I am.

user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

I have a kent brush co. mustache comb, so there. Also Daps- 21, 23, and 30. Bonus- NOD. P.S.- JIM, you are correct sir.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

In reply to by carlo13

....i have a co-worker named Kent. He's kind of a douche. We won't talk about him.

user picture

Member for

9 years 10 months

Three way tie. These are shows I listen to in full repeatedly. I stuck with a "must already REALLY get a lot of mileage out of the releases" criteria.

DaP 1 May 25, 1977
DaP 2 July 31, 1974 + Bonus Disc July 29, 1974
DaP 3 Oct 22, 1971 + Bonus Disc 3 Oct 21 1971

DaP 11 Nov 17, 1972
DaP 12 Nov 4, 1977
DaP 13 Feb 24, 1974

DaP 16 March 28, 1973
DaP 17, July 19, 1974
DaP 18 July 17, 1976 + most of July 16, 1976

As much as I like the following list of DaP releases that I omitted, they fall into a sequence of three shows where I only like bits and pieces of at least one of the three.

DaP 5
DaP 6
DaP 9
DaP14
DaP 21
DaP 24
DaP 26
DaP 29
DaP 32
DaP 34

Best Dave's Picks Bonus Disk - yikes - so many good ones. I think the Academy of Music one makes up a nice little 1972 set. Get your magic twanger out Jerry.....

I put on To Terrapin: Hartford '77 today. Last show of magical mythical May 1977. Favorite Samson and Delilah. Bobby and Donna have some vocal magic in here. Probably my favorite 1977 Terrapin Station as well. I prefer the shorter 1972 Sugarees with Pigpen's Hammond, but if I'm going post-hiatus, I'm going full bore with the 19 minute epic from this 5/28 show.

Never heard of Kent bikes. I had a Huffy. Are you sure you don't mean Huffy? Not to be confused with Hoffy, my buddy from college. Man he had a hot live-in girlfriend. I shouldn't have but I did. We once went to a Preakness with a group of about 20 people and never saw a horse. Must have been the mushrooms.

KeithFan2112...I'm catching up on the thread...the version of I Can See For Miles that you were hunting for is on The Who BBC Sessions; Best Buy Exclusive Bonus Disc...if you are still trying to get your hands on the song's official release...

From the bonus disc liner notes: "I Can See For Miles is essentially the same majestic take as captured by Kit Lambert on the mono single. The notable exception being John's re-recorded Rotosound strings holding the group together far more prominently in the mix - done to comply with a Musicians Union ban on miming."

I guess i was lucky enough back in 1999 to have purchased the set at Best Buy, which included a second disc with 8 additional songs. I have seen this bonus disc offered on e-bay for cheap...otherwise let me know if there is a way to get a digital rip to you...

user picture

Member for

13 years 1 month

As many have stated, this is much tougher that I thought it would be. So many of my fav's are part of a trio that include some of those I don't love quite as much.

I think if I had to pick only one, it would be
Vol. 1. 5/25/77
Vol. 2. 7/31/74
and Vol 3. 10/22/71

Bonus disc 1 is my personal fav too, so that's a factor.

Runners up would be 11,12, and 13 - 24,25, and 26 - and 29, 30, and 31.

Peace

user picture

Member for

13 years

In reply to by Angry Jack Straw

My math was ok and your reading spot on. I just chose to break the rules and it felt so good.. sort of like midnight skinny dipping as a teenager at the local quarry with just the right company. Add in some rock gut malt liquor if she suggests it; it feels absolutely perfect until the cops come.

No offense meant to all the rule followers out there, carry on with your picks of three, I just cannot abide.

For me, it's a toss up between #5 and #13, but mhammond paved the way with 13 good vibes and I just went with it. For what it's worth.. I was having an 11 moment (Wichita 72) four or five months ago and was really getting into it.. when the second set started to take off and at the same time I was interrupted in the worst possible way. I know I will like this show, but at this point it's become a dark comedy.. every time I start to get into it lightning strikes, followed by an earthquake which was caused by this volcanic eruption down the block causing my house to get swallowed up by a sinkhole and eventually I give up before something really bad happens. Distractions kill.

Speaking of which.. we have sort of been bombarded with really good 1973, but Dave has been carefully dancing around the truly great ones still left. One of these days he's going to have to go there.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Nor can I.
I would have to listen to all the DaP’s first in order to decide, and then still wouldn’t have an answer.

But, best GD CD I ever bought?
Anthem of the Sun in 1989. It was only the second or third CD I had ever bought (they were expensive back then) and it was awesome. I didn’t even have a CD player and had to use a friend’s stereo system to make a cassette copy of the CD so I could listen to it in my car.

(Of note, the first CD I ever bought was Saucerful of Secrets in 1987).

Those are the markings on the Anthem of the Sun CD I bought in 1989. Just started listening to it.

On inspection there was no disc rot and the CD looked like a well-manufactured CD. You can see the detail in the pressing of the metal. Also thicker and heavier. Plays and sounds just fine.
Maybe time for WB/Rhino to go back to basics of CD manufacturing.

Oh, that’s right. They’re trying to wean us old farts off of that outdated medium.

The single most important piece of music besides 4/19/82 that I have ever witnessed. And the April 82 thingie was a blotter related aberration for which I am eternally grateful.

Anthem was their best studio voyage, in my humble opinion. A psychedelic masterpiece.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 9 months

Kent bikes seem to be based in NJ, and there appears to be no connection to the Garden of England. So no bikes, but we too have some douches; and, oddly enough, I know a lady who sells moustache combs here in Whitstable – although I don't know whether they are Kent brand ("the world's finest brushes" since 1777, apparently, but they are made in Hertfordshire, not Kent). And I still haven't had time to listen to DaP34...

Congratulations to those in the UK that have #34. Mine doesn’t appear to be getting any closer. It left Wayne County, Detroit for a second time on 28th May. 29 days so far and still not crossed the ocean. Hopefully it will arrive before the new Dylan and Neil Young releases on 19th June. I live in hope.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

In reply to by Colin Gould

Colin,
Mine also left Detroit for the second time on the 28th but tracking now tells me it has left Heathrow, UK on route to destination. No demand for import charges (yet).

user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

... happy to read our fellow DeadHeads in the UK & Canada and other locations in the world! Are starting to receiving their long awaited next Dave’s Picks in the 2020 series!
I hope they make all of you “Smile Smile Smile!”, I know a “Whole Lotta Shakin”is going on around the USA! Enjoy my brothers and sisters! 🙏❤️💀🌹

user picture

Member for

17 years

Thanks for the info. on Kent! (bikes, brushes, etc. :-P)

Now once set and setting is right, get cracking on DaP34. We'll need a full report! :-)

Glad to hear they are finally getting to where they need to be...

Make it a grateful day everybody!

user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

...I must admit, I’m already looking forward to the next release in the Dave’s Picks series of 2020 , which is #35...
6/20/80
West High Auditorium, Alaska
Hell is about to 🥶 freeze over in Deadland, imagine!? 😉🙏❤️💀🌹 have a grateful day everyone! Be safe,Be Kind & be grateful! We all have the “Good Ol’ Grateful Dead to help get us tru anything in this lifetime! Ciao’ Bello’s & Bella’s!

I haven't got Dave's Picks 34 yet! But I am still quite happy waiting. I listened to 5/21/74 yesterday - a stunning show, and beautifully recorded. I am currently very close to buying the vinyl version of 5/19/74, which keeps dropping a few quid every day here on Amazon UK. It would be a massive indulgence-the cds sound great ( I am not fussed about the vocal drop outs at all)...but you only live twice, as the saying goes..

Icrmcnkd…..your comments on cds being heavier and thicker in the distant past before possibly being phased out, reminds me of what happened with vinyl in the 1970s. My first records, bought in 1971-1973 are very sturdy, cut on vinyl that resembles granite. Move forward to the end of the decade and they get very wibbly indeed. I think the idea was to phase them out, first for cassettes and then for cds.

I am not sure what my first cd was. I didn't get a cd player until well into the 1990s. I think it was the head swirling Ozric Tentacles box set Vitamin Enhanced, which, incidentally, still sounds head swirling. Even without the self administered vitamins.
My first Dead cd recorded on tape from a friend was One From The Vaults-8/13/75.

user picture

Member for

17 years

Do you remember those ghastly "Dynaflex" albums that RCA released. I can't remember whether that was in the late '70s or later. If you held them by the edge on two sides the middle sagged dramatically. RCA claimed it was improvement over "normal" vinyl. Yeah, right.

user picture

Member for

9 years 10 months

I appreciate the info. I passed on the BBC sessions, and didn't even realize it had a bonus disc at one time. Just bought a copy on ebay for 5 bucks. Advertized as having some light marks on the CD but does not skip. I'm good with that for $5 (and free shipping).

P.S. - love the Rotosound Strings "commercial" before I Can See For Miles on Sellout.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

In reply to by simonrob

I had read before that the oil embargo was the cause of cheap vinyl. Crude oil is the source of a lot of industrial chemicals and during the embargo there was a shortage of whatever was needed to make good vinyl. Don’t remember where I had read that.

Daverock, I have 5-19-74 on vinyl and like it. Grab it when the price is right.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

In reply to by simonrob

Simon,
Dynaflex LP's were issued between 1969 and the late '70's. I have Bowie's Space Oddity and the self titled Lou Reed both released by RCA on Dynaflex in 1972. I remember back in the day showing off by folding them almost in half! Funnily enough both LP's seem to have less surface noise that standard releases that I have from the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynaflex_(RCA)

user picture

Member for

10 years

Yeah, for instance Hot Tuna's Burgers album. I remember the circle of friends sitting around "the campfire" in my freshman dorm when I held the LP between my hands and pressed it into a "U". Perfect distraction during the flip to side 2.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

4 years 10 months

Yorkshire UK
My update last date 21 / 5 stated just left international carrier facility to be delivered by post office!
Looks as though they are coming in by different means
Let’s hope they all get here!

user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Wow got home and listening on internet archive, the Playing is great... Looking forward to WRS Prelude>Dark Star>Eyes of the World>Wharf Rat!!

user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

Cool link Ian. Jeff I also used to do the "U" hack in the day on these disks. I think it was a Booker t. album. I'm sure we are going to get a professional album critique any moment now . I cant get enough of the new bonus disk. Later.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

4 years 1 month

Was hoping to get it before the end of May, but alas, still it is not here. Let's hope I can listen to this cd before Canada day.

Have a nice weekend friends

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

In reply to by marleyman3389

why does it take so long for people to get their discs???

I can talk instantly with some guy in Pakistan. But delivering a CD pack is outsourced to the Keystone Kops, apparently.

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

miiiiighty tasty, for sure.

I still remember the first time I heard it...

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

Icecrmcnkd - thanks for the nudge in the right direction-I ordered 5/19/74 this afternoon, and it should be delivered tomorrow. With Dave's Picks presumably on the way, 1974 is very much the year of the moment for me.

I am half way through the Road Trips 6/16/74 highlights...and what highlights they are. Superb versions of China Cat-Rider and Eyes of the World, with Playing to follow later tonight, and then a Truckin' jam on the bonus cd. And 6/18/74 after that. Maybe my favourite Road Trips release - definitely one of the best.

I have never heard of these Dynaflex L.Ps. from the 70s.

user picture

Member for

9 years 10 months

Daverock - Hopefully you have the Road Trips '74 bonus disc with the Morning Dew from 6/18. The quiet, sparse interplay between Keith and Jerry that begins about 7 minutes in will have you picking your face up off the floor.

Bobby T - 3/21/73, aka Haze Over Utica. This one passed the sound test for me so it's in the soundboard folder on my phone. The Dark Star is really the only thing I've listen to off of it. You've motivated me to shift over to that show. I had put on some May 77, but I think it's about time I gave this Utica show it's due. Thanks for the idea. Will get back to May 77 later...

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/dave-s-picks-store/dave-s-picks-vol-34.html