• 7,961 replies
    marye
    Bolo24 says: An Idea, Perhaps? Since we're all going to have a fair amount of spare time on our hands for the foreseeable future, what about starting another thread where we all listen to the same show/release on a given day and then share impressions afterward? Folks can submit suggestions and one person (not me) picks what we'll all listen to - call it Deadnet Picks or something. Anyway, if this idea is deemed to have merit, I'd suggest one of the loyal regular posters take the lead and do the picking - y'all can decide who. Might be fun. If it does go forward, I nominate Dick's Picks 18 for the first listen. Been talked about here lately, and, had it been a single show rather than a compilation, we'd probably be talking about it in the same conversation as Cornell, Veneta, etc. Or perhaps even Gainesville?? Stay safe and healthy, friends - this planet needs as many Deadheads as possible.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • icecrmcnkd

At the end of today’s Bulletin:

“Not to mention 6/20/80 in Anchorage”

• icecrmcnkd

Jim takes the round and gets offered a host position to fit in between Ken and Blossom.

• JimInMD

I did this one recently too, about the same time I last ran in and out of the Garden box. I also hit Philly 83 and Boise mixed in for good measure. Plus, I continue to revisit the Giants box, which keeps on giving it up and sounds fantastic.

I will hit 4/20 again though after I rest my bones and get some laundry done.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I will risk it all. Weed clones for One Thousand, Alex.

I see a comparison of 80's GD to dynamite sativa, 70's GD to trippy Indica and 67 through mid 70 to a really good hybrid. Hope I did not offend anyone.

I like it all, but when I really want to get things done or go for a speed hike, road bike ride or climb a mountain, 80's GD get's me through the pass and home earlier. I have always had a soft spot for 83 through 85. It's raunchy, the mix and clarity vary, and it suffers from over-saturation or sterility from time to time. The cassette master blues.

But it's like a Nirvana tinged GD you can turn up and make it through the day when you have to get shit done and don't really care about anything else except maybe the volume level.

Feel free to whack me down or snap the limb I climbed out on as I tumble down from the tree I just climbed.

the flip side is, when I need to come down off my adrenaline rush, 10/19/73 is a good place to start. That DS>MLB>Morning Dew will cure what ales you.

Summer tour baby.. bring it.

• icecrmcnkd

If those cassettes could be cleaned up the way 4-27,28-85 just was….

Ooooh……mmmmm….(drool, drool)….

• Oroborous

Enjoyed that recently as part of my run through the spring tour.
    Better than one might think…
    Think I’m all the way up to summer tour which I’ll start soon…
    Have also hit a lot of 94 summer tour, the rest of 79 I hadn’t hit yet (except 2 or 3), and a few missing 89 (think I only have December left), and I’ve completed all 69 up to September (did not do most of the Auds), and an occasional 74.
    ONWARD!

• DeadVikes

Thanks for the pick Conekid. Will fire it up tomorrow morning.

Then, will have to check out the new Miller via Doc 11/7/71.

• icecrmcnkd

4-20-84
    It’s a DaP.
    Started playing in the car yesterday, set 2 started tonight driving home, get the transition to Fire tomorrow morning as I head back to work.

• sw@sherryjerry
    Default Avatar

I'd love to hear doin that rag June 8th at the sphere in VEGAS BABY

• bigbrownie

Going in with some red congolese... and Koyaanisquatsi on the vid. Lord have mercy.

• daverock

I am really enjoying this show, too. Completely off my radar until I foraged it out again yesterday. I would but a June 76 box in a shot.

user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month
Bolo24 says: An Idea, Perhaps? Since we're all going to have a fair amount of spare time on our hands for the foreseeable future, what about starting another thread where we all listen to the same show/release on a given day and then share impressions afterward? Folks can submit suggestions and one person (not me) picks what we'll all listen to - call it Deadnet Picks or something. Anyway, if this idea is deemed to have merit, I'd suggest one of the loyal regular posters take the lead and do the picking - y'all can decide who. Might be fun. If it does go forward, I nominate Dick's Picks 18 for the first listen. Been talked about here lately, and, had it been a single show rather than a compilation, we'd probably be talking about it in the same conversation as Cornell, Veneta, etc. Or perhaps even Gainesville?? Stay safe and healthy, friends - this planet needs as many Deadheads as possible.
user picture

Member for

7 years 8 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Not sure if there is a better year, so many great shows and yes, sound quality on releases have varied over the years. Would be interesting to hear 10/19 with Plagent.
I think the HCS Box sounds better than the PNW box.

Which reminds me, I should listen the Des Moines show tomorrow.

Would love to send some rain your way Jim. We have had more rain here in the last three months than we had in the previous three years.

July should bring us the 2024 Box reveal and for sure Dave's Picks #51. What will it be?

85, 77 and 69? 91?

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

I happened upon a thingie on your toob

GD
England 1970
The Lost Film

Very worth checking out

user picture

Member for

13 years

In reply to by proudfoot

I saw that video hanging around there.. like an hour and a half. I've been crazy busy doing useless crap for other people lately.. so I only got about a third of the way through it last night. It must have been uploaded recently.

Needing a pick me up, how about 5/7/89, something someone we all know and love mentioned on the Dave's 50 thread. I don't think I have listened to it.

Sorry about your rain DVikes. If you pee in the river I live on it would probably double the flow. (not that I am recommending peeing in rivers, power to the fishies)

If they made 10/19/73 sound better, I'd buy two just to thank them for their trouble.

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Gotta revisit 10/19/73

Like Alpine 89, I have never fully understood what is so aMAzing about it.

A road trip with 10/19/73 should do the trick....

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by JimInMD

There's a lot of subtlety to it

And some unsubtle things, too :)))

For whatever reason, I really enjoyed it yesterday.

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by proudfoot

Fallout from the Phil Zone

Listen to it sometime this month

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

In reply to by proudfoot

Infrared Roses

Listening to that again for the first time in a while

Just finishing up the Des Moines show from the HCS. I love this box!

Jim, I will get 5/7/89 rolling this afternoon. I believe this was a Rex benefit show.

Hope you all can enjoy some good Dead music this week.