• 2,627 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    During the mid-1970s, the Grateful Dead saga was unfolding like a Greek classic. The Sisyphean Wall Of Sound had nearly broken the band. From it spawned a Medusa head of countless side projects, all deliciously fruitful but woefully not the same as the whole. The chorus lay in wait, pondering the reemergence of their heroes, and wondering if "THE LAST ONE" had really been it...

But in early 1976, Apollonian light and healing would shine upon our intrepid wanderers once again. No more epic battles for the people with cops and lines and tightness, the Dead would return triumphant in smallness, playing intimate theaters and renting equipment along the way. No more ticket scams and greedy promoters, they'd give back with first ever mail-order ticket program, one that had a few kinks to work out but eventually served the fans well.

Musically, June 1976 signaled a Golden Age of harmony and prosperity for the Dead. It marked an Odysseusian-like return for Mickey Hart. Donna Jean was in lock-step with the sirens' call. Jerry and Bob delivered orphic delight with solo musings like "Mission In The Rain" (the only tour they ever played it on), "The Wheel," and "Cassidy," emboldened by group effort. There was fresh repertoire from Blues For Allah, breathing new life to the Dead's continually morphing sound - as Weir once said of the '76 tour, they wanted to play "a little bit of all of it." Old favorites were re-envisioned with cascading tempos and unique sequencing, making the crowd question if they'd ever heard these songs before. And there was comfort and joy in the familiarity of watching the band make it up as they went along. By all means, it was clear that the bacchanalia of live Dead would reign on.

And now the revelry from this epoch, evidenced by the near-studio quality sound captured on two-track live recordings by Betty Cantor-Jackson, lives on, bolstered by Jeffrey Norman's HDCD mastering. It's housed for posterity in a handsome box featuring original art work by Justin Helton. It’s documented in liners by Jesse Jarnow and photos by Grant Gouldon. And it’s ready for a spot on your shelf. 

As part of our pre-order for this Dead.net exclusive boxed set, we'll be delivering downloads of each listening party - one for each show included in JUNE 1976 - to purchasers from now until the March 20th release. Order at any time before release and you'll receive all the listening parties to date.

Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 12,000

What's Inside:

• 5 Previously Unreleased Complete Shows On 15 Discs
    • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/10/76
    • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/11/76
    • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/14/76
    • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/15/76
    • Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ 6/19/76
    • Sourced from Two-Track Master Tapes, Recorded By Betty Cantor-Jackson
    • Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
    • Restoration and Speed Correction by Plangent Processes

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • mdempste
    Default Avatar

I am a relatively new deadhead (5 years or so) and had never really focused on 1976 because in some ways it seemed like it was a warm up for the greatness of 1977. At first listen to the box set, I thought there were some great moments, but it really didn’t change my opinion (I admit likely because of my bias going in). However, I put the June 14 Beacon show in the regular rotation and found myself coming back to it regularly, so I decided to re-listen to the whole set and my goodness, what a great batch of shows this is. Every show is very well played and every night had greatness as well. Several of these shows are in the regular rotation now and even as a newbie, I can see how the band was progressing from these shows, to the early 77 shows (I love the Swing show), which then progress to the spring and fall 77 shows.

• DeadHead1974

The shipping box is collectible in itself.

• deadacated
    Default Avatar

Testing with Lossless Audio Checker shows the June 1976 FLAC download in 24/192 format
    ( https://store.dead.net/music/digital/june-1976-flac-192-24-1.html )

and the Pacific Northwest '73-'74- The Complete Recordings FLAC download in 24/192
    ( https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/pacific-northwest-73-74-the-com… ) to be "Upsampled."

I have notified Jeffrey Norman and Rhino. I sent Jeffrey the logs of the LAC test results showing 80% of the June 76 files being upsampled. While he was very nice in his response, he had no explanation for the finding. Rhino has not responded to any e-mails. It is important to note that the files on both test “Clean” after downsampling to 24/96, which, likely, means the files, were originally digitized at 24/96 or digitized at 24/192 and downsampled to 24/96 for mastering. Whatever the case Rhino needs to disclose this fact on their web site or change the files for sale to 24/96.

• marye
    send me a PM with your order details and I'll see what the Doc can do about this.
  • ldraznin
    Default Avatar

i just received my copy. it came in an outer box that had clearly been reused. some of the old labels were torn off, others were partially covered by newer labels. the tape was poorly replaced, but worst of all, the inner box had the cellophane torn and the box was scratched.

i’m so disappointed. for $150 i expect a better product.

these are the first CDs i’ve ordered from this site...if they all come like this, i don’t know that i’ll order again.

i’ve emailed the fulfillment company. hopefully i’ll hear back soon.

• icecrmcnkd

6-29-76 needs to be released soon

• Happy Will
    Default Avatar

Just surpised it hasn't sold out yet. It is much much better than I was anticipating - really getting 1976 now.

• MrHeartbreak

I ordered this recently, since there are less than 1K to go, and I have to say, I'm really pleased with the appearance of this set. It showed up quickly, having avoided the initial rush to get it, and it's a beautiful package. Sounds good so far. I know I'll get much enjoyment out of these tunes, of course.

For those who wondered about the booklet: this is not a defect. I'm in the publishing business, and I know that most paperbacks these days are what's called "perfect bound," which means the pages are glued in. Open the book completely, crease the spine, and you'll leave a mark; open and close it enough, and the pages will start to fall out.

This booklet is more like a very slim version of an old paperback, where the pages are held by string. That means you can open it up and flip through it many times for years to come, with no worries that the pages will fall out. It's both an aesthetic decision and a practical one. So it may look weird on the spine--it's not a paperback?--but it's a quality move. Very nice, and much appreciated on my end.

Looking forward to cranking up that Crazy Fingers!

• MadDoc
    Default Avatar

No comment

• voodoo

The packaging and booklet are very well done, The CD cases have cool artwork on them.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 3 months

During the mid-1970s, the Grateful Dead saga was unfolding like a Greek classic. The Sisyphean Wall Of Sound had nearly broken the band. From it spawned a Medusa head of countless side projects, all deliciously fruitful but woefully not the same as the whole. The chorus lay in wait, pondering the reemergence of their heroes, and wondering if "THE LAST ONE" had really been it...

But in early 1976, Apollonian light and healing would shine upon our intrepid wanderers once again. No more epic battles for the people with cops and lines and tightness, the Dead would return triumphant in smallness, playing intimate theaters and renting equipment along the way. No more ticket scams and greedy promoters, they'd give back with first ever mail-order ticket program, one that had a few kinks to work out but eventually served the fans well.

Musically, June 1976 signaled a Golden Age of harmony and prosperity for the Dead. It marked an Odysseusian-like return for Mickey Hart. Donna Jean was in lock-step with the sirens' call. Jerry and Bob delivered orphic delight with solo musings like "Mission In The Rain" (the only tour they ever played it on), "The Wheel," and "Cassidy," emboldened by group effort. There was fresh repertoire from Blues For Allah, breathing new life to the Dead's continually morphing sound - as Weir once said of the '76 tour, they wanted to play "a little bit of all of it." Old favorites were re-envisioned with cascading tempos and unique sequencing, making the crowd question if they'd ever heard these songs before. And there was comfort and joy in the familiarity of watching the band make it up as they went along. By all means, it was clear that the bacchanalia of live Dead would reign on.

And now the revelry from this epoch, evidenced by the near-studio quality sound captured on two-track live recordings by Betty Cantor-Jackson, lives on, bolstered by Jeffrey Norman's HDCD mastering. It's housed for posterity in a handsome box featuring original art work by Justin Helton. It’s documented in liners by Jesse Jarnow and photos by Grant Gouldon. And it’s ready for a spot on your shelf. 

As part of our pre-order for this Dead.net exclusive boxed set, we'll be delivering downloads of each listening party - one for each show included in JUNE 1976 - to purchasers from now until the March 20th release. Order at any time before release and you'll receive all the listening parties to date.

Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 12,000

What's Inside:

• 5 Previously Unreleased Complete Shows On 15 Discs
  • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/10/76
  • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/11/76
  • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/14/76
  • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/15/76
  • Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ 6/19/76
  • Sourced from Two-Track Master Tapes, Recorded By Betty Cantor-Jackson
  • Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
  • Restoration and Speed Correction by Plangent Processes

First.. holy crap Bill.. what I wouldn't give to back in time and see that version of the GD. Very cool..

Ha.. regarding Lefty Frizzell, I'm a big fan and so was Jerry. I wrote a post a couple weeks about the GD playing in Cole Field House, University of MD (home of the Terrapins). I wrote a pretty lengthy comment, posted it, read it and cut about half of it out and reposted the shorter version.

Being a proud Terrapin and liking Terrapin Station , and riding a basketball wave as our team was doing exceptionally well.. I included a Lefty Frizzel reference because a long time coach of the Terps back when my dad used to take me to games as Lefty Driesell.. All somewhat tied to the Grateful Dead.. but in the end I thought it strayed a bit too far and shrunk it. Anyway, good to see some of these obscure musical references come up and how neatly they influence the music we love.

Always interesting to me.. I'm venturing out.. going on a quick bike ride and picking some tunes. Back to the PNW box I think.. cheers all, be good.

user picture

Member for

17 years

Bill Frisell is amazing, glad to see some other fans! I've seen him around some small venues in Seattle (his hometown) for years. I think it was Blair who mentioned him many years ago as one of his favorites in that weekly column he used to publish here, forget the name. Anyway, for Bill fans, here are a couple of links while you're killing time in isolation.

His fantastic download series: https://www.billfrisell.com/downloads
Movie documenting Bill originally aired at the Seattle Int'l Film Fest (SIFF) in 2017: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/billfrisellaportrait/181888900

Glad to be in a legal state during lockdown, hopefully we'll have plenty of '76 to occupy our upcoming weekend too.

user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

I did my Last Five yesterday, but the five before that had Bill Frisell's Lookout for Hope and John Scofield's Time on My Hands in the mix. Hmmm . . . listened to those a week or so before things got interesting, but am realizing the poignance of those titles as I type them . . .

I've seen concerts by Frisell where my mind is blown and I consider driving to his next show. And I've seen him where I thought, "Eh. Pastiche-y and uninteresting." I took some piano lessons in Colorado from a woman who lived part-time in Seattle. When in Seattle she jammed with Frisell and the cartoonist Gary Larson in one of their homes. THAT would be a trip!

My favorite CD of his so far is "gone, just like a train." (no capital letters in the title)

Dah. The mail carrier just pulled up to the curbside box, but stuffed only papers into it.

RobbZ: wow, hang on sloopy. Glad to hear all yall’s ok

Leddead, Vguy and all you folks still at it. Be safe! I get it though, not too many years ago we wouldn’t have had much choice, were fortunate that we can sit it out a bit. Which I finally said enough. Oh big thanks for all the support. Yeah, finally looked at the cost/benefit ratio and relealized nothings worth that BS if you have a choice. We also have enough of the original contracted work functioning, so fug off mate!
It is surreal to be home but not because it’s the weekend or your sick....psychologically, this whole weird trip is such uncharted territory it’s surreal.

Hmm, wasn’t Jim and KCJ that were pondering how Dead/Rhino miss these golden merch opportunities I,e., Take A Step Back...mucho potential?

BOBT: thanks for all the insightful deep digging. I may not have time to follow through, but when I do your usually right on. So I enjoy even just reading your commentary.

BILLY, whoa, was that your first? Man you’ve been blessed with many great shows! Take it your West coaster, did you get to the East coast at all? I’m sure I’m not the only one here that would love to hear some stories?

DENNIS: berry interesting....

DRIVE THROUGH STRIP CLUB: was going to say “only in Vegas” but obviously not, lol

BILL KRAMER: tell us more, bored Deadhead minds want to know!

SIXTUS: Awesome...sweet music to sooth my soul

BURNSY: cool thanks...
Thanks to everyone for all the cool distractions.....now if only that box would arrive!

user picture

Member for

4 years 6 months

Oroborus, this wasn't my first show, 6/17/75 was. I never did make it out to the East Coast to see a show. I did hitchhike up to Oregon in 1981 from the Bay Area to see the Dead in Portland and Eugene. The marquee at the Eugene show read An Evening With The Grateful Dead and LSD. Kesey and his friends were all there with the Thunder Machine. The Dead's equipment guys had their truck parked under the sign and they were all pointing up at it and laughing. The sign was taken down later in the day.

user picture

Member for

17 years

In reply to by billy the kid

Holy Shit, 75, I bet there’s not a whole lotta heads actively around who can boast a 75 show as their first. Hell, I bet there’s not many that can claim to just be at a 75 let alone their first! Pretty cool Bra!

Heard tales of that 81 show. Have to give that one a listen some time.
Don’t often think “what if I’d had a cell phone back then” but that would have been a great pic...at least you get to carry it in your minds eye.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

In reply to by Cousins Of The…

Mystery Song: It sounds like Depeche Mode found the amphetamines.

Mr Ones - Re: Duke's Psurroundabout Ride. This includes both the 25 O'clock EP & Psonic Psunspot LP doesn't it?

user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

Hey man, do you brew your beer to bottle or to keg? I'm going to change to keg and was wondering if 5 gal. Cornelius kegs are better then standard quarter barrels? Co2 of course. Thanks.

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

Yes, Psurroundabout Ride has both Dukes Of Stratosphear releases. It also includes 3 rare tracks, only released on a super expensive box set years ago. Also contains dvd with a 5.1 mix, every known demo, and all the music.
XTC is another band I’ve loved for a long time(41 years), and was lucky to see live on 3 occasions. Sad they’ve been out of the scene for so long.
Jim, funny you mentioned Lefty Frizzell. Frequently, when I talk about Bill Frisell, someone will say “is he related to Lefty Frizzell?? Ahhhhh.
And of course, Lefty Driesell drove me nuts as a U MD fan. Great recruiter, so-so coach. Kind of just like the Terps coach now. Ahhhhh.

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

In reply to by Mr. Ones

Screwed over by bad management...never got to see them...missed out on their Hollywood Palladium show and their Santa Monica Civic gig too...I had a buddy that was into British bands that I was unaware or only slightly aware of and he tried to get me to go... he did get me to go see Be-Bop Deluxe and The Buzzcocks too...so much great stuff back then capped by The Clash of course and my all time Fave, The Specials...if i remember right Andy pulled the plug on touring, correct?

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

In reply to by Mr. Ones

Both releases were remastered and re-released in a 'book' format. '25 O'Clock had 5 outtakes listed below:

1. Black Jeweled Serpent Of Sound
2. Open A Can Of Human Beans
3. Tin Toy Clockwork Train
4. Nicely, Nicely Done (Demo)
5. Susan Revolving (Demo)

Were these included with your release?

Also, are you familiar with Andy Partridge's 'Fuzzy Warbles' series?

user picture

Member for

13 years

In reply to by carlo13

Hey Carlo,

I'm not Deadhead Brewer, but yes.. switch to 5 gallon Cornelius Kegs. They work wonderfully and will save a ton of time sterilizing bottles..

No they didn't pull the plug on touring; Partridge had crippling stage fright and had an onstage nervous breakdown. His Dr. prescribed 2mg. Valium 1 hr. before stage time...his wife (by all accounts a royal bitch) threw the meds away while the band was backstage waiting to go on.

My best friend (an XTC fanatic as well) said he found video footage on You Tube of the breakdown. Supposedly the band was in mid-song when Partridge suddenly stops playing, takes off his guitar, places it on the guitar stand and walks offstage. He was found backstage, in his dressing room, sitting cross-legged facing the corner and crying. He vowed to never set foot on a stage again. I can't help but think he might have benefitted from hanging out with GD.

user picture

Member for

13 years

In reply to by Mr. Ones

Well.. now I'm all confused. I am not familiar with Bill Frizzell and thought you meant the country guitarist Lefty (whose real name is William). So I was way off but apparently they both belong in a Grateful Dead conversation. As a bonus, now I have someone new to check out.. which I will.

Agree about the coaching comment btw.. which really does not relate at all to the Grateful Dead, scratch that.. they are Terrapins after all, what's not to love about turtles and turtle train stations.

All very interesting and in a swirly way it all sort of relates to the good ole GD.

user picture

Member for

4 years 6 months

Alright, got my shipping notice, two box sets on the way, one for me and one for my brother. They must have sent them out from East to West. I saw the Dead play at the Orpheum Theatre in 1976, 7/13/76, and it was a killer show. I wish they would release it as a Dave's Picks. The Orpheum Theatre only held about 1,800 people, far out place to see the Dead!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

In reply to by JimInMD

I believe there's confusion over the name...it's Bill Frisell. I have 2 of his albums out of a vast catalog. I really enjoy 'Disfarmer', inspired by the photography of Mike Disfarmer, whose portraits of fellow Arkansasans are amazing.

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

Yeah Dave, all those tracks are on it, along with 12 total demos.
Andy Partridge’s breakdown was well documented at the time, I think it was in San Diego, but could be wrong.
And Jim, so many people get Frisell/Frizzell confused, welcome on board. And really, in the long run, Isn’t EVERYTHING connected to the Grateful Dead in some way??

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

And yes, I’m familiar with Andy Partridge’s Fuzzy Warbles series. It’s quite extensive, and I got into that mindset where if I can’t have all of it, why bother, so I never pulled the trigger.
Andy eventually ended up marrying again, this time it was a huge XTC fan from the U.S.
Which then reminds me that Julian Cope also married a U.S. fan of his music.
Which reminds me that I HAVE TO put on some JC tomorrow. Peggy Suicide or Jehovahkill will do the trick.

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

This is it, I swear. In Julian Cope’s excellent book “Head On” he describes ending up with a bunch of the Dead’s LSD, and trips merrily along for quite some time. They play a game in the car while touring/tripping called “sock”.
It’s such a great story I won’t ruin it. Get the book!! I’m out!!!!!!

Edit-VGuy, I highly recommend XTC, but maybe start with Skylarking, Oranges & Lemons, or Nonsuch.

user picture

Member for

7 years 8 months

In reply to by Mr. Ones

This sucks! My box was supposed to arrive tomorrow, I even got the notification from ups my choice today that it was coming tomorrow. Now, just checked the tracking and it says Monday.

Does the tunic go back in the closet?
Let us know if you all get your box tomorrow.

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

Upsy Daisy Assortment
Oranges and Lemons
Dukes of Stratospheare

THESE

Yes it has been hard to really focus this week with all the weird underlying energy.

Edit: Deadvikes, mine usually say Monday, and just as often I get on Saturday or occasionally Friday, so maybe you’ll get surprised!

user picture

Member for

9 years 10 months

I didn't think mine was ever coming. No shipping date, no nothing. Turns out my email just wasn't updating automatically. Should be here tomorrow.

But for tonight it's Pacific Northwest 1974. It's funny how Jerry throws in in the St. Stephen lick every now and then (Greatest Story Ever Told PNW '74 1st Show). Never hurts to repeat - astounding audio on these three shows. You almost can't tell it's a Wall of Sound show.

user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

So today I went to clean out my late mother’s basement bar....no liquor but more sets of dishes than any family should ever have. I shit you not, we have ten, 27 gallon plastic totes full of complete dish sets...and I’ve no clue what to do with the fucking things other than give them away or store them...Good quality shit but man...it’s like a dish set for every occasion...complete insanity!!!

Bill Frisell...never heard of him, but turns out he’s in my new found Collection (thanks dude!)...I have two folders...one is East-West- East which is almost finishing now and one is East-West-West which I think I will play tomorrow with my coffee. I like it....very peaceful and mellow! Thanks Slow Dog for suggesting it!

Dennis-Up next is Lee Morgan The Gigolo...looking forward to that. Not sure if you have it, but another great Lee Morgan is Cornbread which features Lee with Jackie McLean/Hank Mobley/Herbie Hancock/Larry Ridley and Billy Higgins...I’ve mentioned here before! Only have it in vinyl otherwise I’d send it, but check it out if you can find it or if you have it!

XTC??? Who the hell is that? Going to have to find out I guess...endless tasks hanging around with you all! And Vguy, who would have thought that the shortages would be things like Toilet Paper, Milk and Grateful Dead Keychain BottleOpeners....Never mind, I understand the bottle openers but milk goes bad...I don’t get it!

I was able to get a gallon (of milk) tonight as our stores are limiting things like milk, toilet paper and eggs to 1 per person. I am not drinking milk though....after a day on the couch in self quarantine due to the brown bottle flu; I’m back to that brown liquor...yes sirreeee!!! (Wife is still out of town and a man just has to take advantage of that shit when it happens)

Jim-I sought out my first bottle of Blanton’s but liquor store #1 was fresh out, and in fact the man said he had only seen 3 bottles in the last 6 months?!?! Seems to me it might be a good reason to go to Kentucky! Why not, what else is there to do? Haven’t tried liquor store #2 or 3 yet but who knows what tomorrow holds!?!?

Anyways, sorry dudes, I’m just a ramblin on as usual. Peace to all you good fellas...

Out!

KCJ

Edit: Lee Morgan: The Gigolo is fantastic!

Edit 2: how about Lee Morgan Sidewinder...oh man!

Edit: And then for that Holy Shit Moment....why not Grant Green: Idle Moments

user picture

Member for

17 years

I was told today that the corona virus can live on cardboard for up to 24 hours. so it's even being said handle your packages with gloves and put the cardboard off to an isolated room for 24 hours. now me i like to keep the cardboard boxes any set they come in as a dust cover. so i'll be putting my box off to a room for 24 hours and keeping it.

user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

Between Iko and Victim, Bobby says "...well my buddy over here tells me it's the beginning of a new dickhead...I mean decade..."
you've got the time, so why not get some?
:O)
...there's a 15 minute Dark Star after this, so…...

user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

Dude....there had to be at least 10 of them....and yes...I’ve thought of the irony, but “our fight” seems somehow more noble than gravy bowls...if I’m wrong kill me now!

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

In reply to by CaseyJanes

....no harm. No foul.
But it sucks when you have so many gravy bowls, yet no gravy to put in it.
Help on the way
I know only this
I've got you today....

user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

Well let’s get one thing straight senator...this guy can cook with the best of em 😉 and I love gravy, but although the dishes are a plenty they aren’t that fine...I don’t want to give the wrong impression...my mother was much closer to a hoarder than she was rich

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

In reply to by CaseyJanes

....you know theres no turning back.
Sorry for your loss KC. Your mom loved dishes. Mine loves southwest and Santa Fe art.
I guess thats where I got my Santa Fe genes from.
If you've been here a while, you know exactly what I'm talking about.
Peace to all of you. Tomorrow brings another day.

user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Bonus geek points if you know where this came from without looking it up. Box looks like it is still on track to arrive here tomorrow, looking forward to checking out the box and giving it a listen. Definitely weird times, no option but to ride it out. I think it is the uncertainty that is the most unsettling about the whole situation for me, but I don't really dig uncertainty in the best of circumstances.
Didn't get to 5 today, but the last 4 are -
Rush / Permanent Waves
Sturgill Simpson / Metamodern Sounds of Country Music
Byrds - Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Junior Wells - Cut That Out

user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

Just hope my kids or grandkids might take a listen to my dishes 😜

user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

In reply to by jrf68@hotmail.com

Here is a recent interview with Bill Frisell that some of you might enjoy...https://www.stereophile.com/content/bill-frisell-new-ideas-old-songs

Last Five-Revisiting Miles Davis The Complete Jack Johnson - a lot to digest &
Dick's Picks 29 as recently recommended here
I believe that is a total of eleven CDs - I can only go so fast!

Stay healthy and enjoy the first full day of Spring as best you can...

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

..for delivery & on the truck.

A ray of light within gathering darkness. Oh and its supposed to be 72 degrees today in Metro Boston. WTF?

End Times Indeed. At least I'll go out listening to one of my favorite eras of Grateful Dead!

Be well people, happy Friday.

Sixtus

user picture

Member for

13 years

In reply to by Sixtus_

Due Tuesday afternoon. So I have to make it through the weekend listening to box sets of yesteryear.

user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

Here in NEPA was in Horseham Pa. last night I think that's out by you Jim. Anyway it will be quarantined for 24 to 48 hrs I'll dig in to it on Sunday.

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

For the fantastic Bill Frisell interview. You can hear one thing I love about Bill......his reverence of music. I’ve never heard anyone describe it so close to how I feel about it.
Someone mentioned his East-West live double CD. Definitely one I have recommended most often. There was a subsequent download called Further East-Further West, with more live stuff from the same 2 venues.

I’m excited for y’all about to get your boxes. This is only the 5th Dead release I’ve passed on, not out of disinterest, but simply lack of funds. I look forward to reading your comments and reviews, keep ‘em coming!!

user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

In reply to by fourwindsblow

As you wait for the '76 Box here five to try albums by or with Bill Frisell...

Bass Desires - Marc Johnson
The Ghosts of Highway 20 - Lucinda Williams
Bill Frisell - all we are saying
Bill Frisell - Big Sur
Bill Frisell - Guitar in the Space Age

I have a lot of respect for Lefty Driesell and his "Aw shucks" persona. Sure was a great recruiter and a very good coach. (not as good as Dean Smith, unfortunately for the Terps) His bold statement that he wanted to make Maryland the UCLA of the east at least put UMD on the map. Lots of great wins, heartbreaking defeats and many fun memories...speaking of - the ACC Championship game against NC State where the Terps eventually lost and couldn't get into NCAA Tournament even though they were on of the very best teams in the country. I believe that game had some influence on the NCAA opening up the tournament field...

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/june-1976/june-1976-15cd-boxed-set-1.html