• 644 replies
    Dead Admin
    Default Avatar
    Dave's Picks Vol. 51: Scranton Catholic Youth Center, Scranton, PA (4/13/71)

Look out Big Boss Man, Pigpen's on the loose! We're shedding our lovelight on the not-to-be-overlooked Spring 1971 tour with DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 51, featuring the complete unreleased show from the SCRANTON CATHOLIC YOUTH CENTER, SCRANTON, PA 4/13/71 AND the 2nd set from the previous night at the Pittsburgh Civic Arena in Pittsburgh, PA on 4/12/71.

These gems find the original Grateful Dead quintet delivering some of their most inspired, energetic, and tightest performances. There's a dab of WORKINGMAN'S DEAD, a splash of AMERICAN BEAUTY, a great foreshadow into what would soon appear on SKULL & ROSES. And you'll need nearly all those fingers (or those toes) because - count 'em - there's eight classic covers ("Mama Tried," "Hard To Handle," and a rare "I Second That Emotion," to name a few) done as only the Dead could do them with Mr. McKernan and his magical harmonica.

Limited to 25,000 numbered copies, DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 51: SCRANTON CATHOLIC YOUTH CENTER, SCRANTON, PA 4/13/71 has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman at Mockingbird Mastering.

P.S. We had a little extra room on Disc 2, so please enjoy the final five DP48 bonus tracks to complete 10/24/70, St. Louis, MO.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Vguy72

....I knew I was blessed then.
    Good shit Brent.
    Jerry just keeping the train chuggin'"
    BTW, we took the Verde Canyon Train Trip in AZ during our stay there.
    They piped in train songs the whole time. Big RxR Blues leaving and returning from the station.
    Freight Train from Not For Kids Only also.....I pointed it out to my wife.
    She just shook her head and smiled.

• Vguy72

....🥰

• Vguy72

....just got back from five glorious days in Sedona with my wife celebrating our 25th anniversary.
    Need. More. Vacations. And a hot tub.
    And more Taylor Swift if you know what I mean. Childless Cat Lady ftw.

• dmcvt

Thanks DaveRock, was about to note Carter and Williams essential contributions to the Second Quintet. Williams was 17 years old when he joined Miles group. What an incredible crucible those five created. Heading off to northern Vermont tonight, concert with Tom Gershwin Quintet. Heard of this performance from a chance conversation with Grant Gordy after his gig with Mr. Sun Tuesday in Massachusetts. Never seen Grant on electric guitar.

• daverock

What makes that band interesting to me is the rhythm section - Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter on bass and Tony Williams on drums. My favourite records by them are ESP and Milestones. A great live one is the First Bootleg - 4cds from 1967. I prefer this to the Plugged Nickel set, which seems a bit cautious by comparison.

• Dennis

Well the song will probably not be rattlin' around, but Nancy in them!

Hope I didn't type here, but listening to Dylan Theme radio, girls names. For Nancy, a song sinatra sung.

Nancy with the laughing face. Written about Nancy when she was born. Written by.... Phil Silvers!

• That Mike

Dennis - I’ll bet you will have that damn Nancy Sinatra song roiling around your head the rest of the day now! 🎶🎶 Damn boots!!!
    You’re welcome! ;)
    Crow - I agree on the Second Quintet vs the Trane Quintet - the Second was far more dynamic, a much more interesting band. All of them went on to have pretty amazing careers on their own, as well.

• Crow Told Me

Amazing what they're finding in those old archives these days.

A recent review of Nixon's office tapes (you know, the ones that caught him planning Watergate and discussing the illegal bombing Cambodia and whatnot) turned up a reference to pot. Which Tricky Dicky said was "not particularly dangerous." He even seems to consider legalization, but concludes that "it would be the wrong message at this time."

Well, blow me down. Sure wish he would've said so back then, instead of, you know, launching the War on Drugs and sending so many kind and decent people to prison.

And almost equally mind boggling it is to learn of the existence of this new Miles set. Which should be amazing.

That 'Second Great Quintet' with Herbie and Wayne is in some ways the most interesting of all his bands. The "other" quintet with Coltrane is maybe a better place to start, if anybody reading this is new to jazz and just starting to check out Miles. The Miles/Trane group more or less defined mainstream straight ahead jazz and if you're at all open to jazz you're going to love the Cookin/Workin/Steamin/Relaxin records they did.

But the 'second' quintet? Damn. If the Miles/Trane group built the house, the Wayne/Herbie band blew the fucking roof off. This new set of recordings from what I think must've been their first tour together should be amazing. Probably a little more "inside" than the far out stuff you hear on the Plugged Nickel live set, which might be a good thing. It's a must have, for me anyway.

So, thanks for the heads up on that one! Can't wait.

Meanwhile, UPS says that my copy of Jack White's new lp is out for delivery. Can't wait to slap that thing on and crank it up.

• Dennis

It made me smile.

These Boots Were Made For Listening. (as per python,,,, witty, witty)

• Dennis

There's a performance with about a dozen guys paying a tribute to George Harrison. They're playing while my guitar gently weeps. Everyone passes around the lead, gets to prince and he takes off. Several times it looked like petty was ready to drop out jamming and get back to song, but prince kept on. Tom was looking a little peeved.

Maybe it was just me. But prince really stole that track!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

3 years 4 months

Dave's Picks Vol. 51: Scranton Catholic Youth Center, Scranton, PA (4/13/71)

Look out Big Boss Man, Pigpen's on the loose! We're shedding our lovelight on the not-to-be-overlooked Spring 1971 tour with DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 51, featuring the complete unreleased show from the SCRANTON CATHOLIC YOUTH CENTER, SCRANTON, PA 4/13/71 AND the 2nd set from the previous night at the Pittsburgh Civic Arena in Pittsburgh, PA on 4/12/71.

These gems find the original Grateful Dead quintet delivering some of their most inspired, energetic, and tightest performances. There's a dab of WORKINGMAN'S DEAD, a splash of AMERICAN BEAUTY, a great foreshadow into what would soon appear on SKULL & ROSES. And you'll need nearly all those fingers (or those toes) because - count 'em - there's eight classic covers ("Mama Tried," "Hard To Handle," and a rare "I Second That Emotion," to name a few) done as only the Dead could do them with Mr. McKernan and his magical harmonica.

Limited to 25,000 numbered copies, DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 51: SCRANTON CATHOLIC YOUTH CENTER, SCRANTON, PA 4/13/71 has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman at Mockingbird Mastering.

P.S. We had a little extra room on Disc 2, so please enjoy the final five DP48 bonus tracks to complete 10/24/70, St. Louis, MO.

user picture

Member for

17 years 3 months

I saw him live just once, at the Bath Festival in England in 1970. For the festival he put together a one-time line-up with Peter Green on guitar, Ric Grech on bass, Rod Mayall (John's brother) on keyboards and Aynsley Dunbar on drums. They were great.

user picture

Member for

9 years 10 months

Only saw Mayall once, as well, at a club in Toronto, and he had a hot shot guitar player with him then (Rocky Athas), and I recall we said at the time that Mayall must have been the greatest talent scout for guitarists out there, given his noble history of playing with some great ones.
On great guitarists, I was reading Jimmy Herring has been diagnosed with tonsil cancer, but the good news is that it has been caught in Stage One, and his doctors expect with treatment, he should be fine, thankfully. For anyone who does not own his two really fine solo albums (Lifeboat; Subject To Change Without Notice), do yourself a real solid and seek them out. Tremendously underrated player.

user picture

Member for

10 years

In reply to by simonrob

I never saw him, and I only have two of his albums - the one with Eric Clapton known as "The Beano Album" and "A Hard Road" with Peter Green on guitar. They are both great, sounding more like the real thing than an imitation of it.

user picture

Member for

11 years 10 months

In reply to by That Mike

Thanks for the mention of the two Jimmy Herring albums, boobtube had both.

Now in stock and will be listened to.

Some great people on the Subject to Change album.

user picture

Member for

17 years 3 months

Saw him Live at the Jahrhunderthalle, Frankfurt on May 2nd 1972 (John Mayall Blues Group).
Just about a week after the GD hit the same stage.
But I didn't make it to the Dead. Little had I known about them.
After 52 years it feels unforgivable to me!
Least we have the music.
Cheers
G.

user picture

Member for

10 years 3 months

Brooklyn Rock Palace Nov. 1970 Banana Box 4-Show Box Set?
I'm listening to the low-fi recording of 11-11-70 available on archive.org, and the playing is Grade A excellent. What a treat it would be if these four concerts existed in excellent audio. Anyone know more about them?
Peace!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 3 months

Setlist has LA Bamba listed after Good Lovin' and before Cumberland Blues???

From Brooklyn Bowl website.

user picture

Member for

8 years 10 months

In reply to by wharfrat6969

The email says “shipped”, but UPS doesn’t have it yet.

7-10 days and hopefully it will be here.

In the meantime Dave, announce the Box…..

user picture

Member for

2 years 10 months

37 years ago I was up in Oakland to hear the Grateful Dead & Bob Dylan play. The show was fantastic, the Dead played great! Garcia played pedal steel when the Dead backed Dylan, that alone was worth the price of admission.

user picture

Member for

7 years 8 months

So 11/11/70 is one of my favorite shows. The only circulating AUD is very rough, as we all know, but as it happens Bluecrow said something in another post earlier today, and while it's about another show entirely, it's very apropos: "...with a pair of cheap headphones - listening in the dark in the middle of the high desert night - you could be there."

This is some of the last really primal dead I can point to. Just three months later and this era was already a wisp of a dream, hard to remember... Mickey's out of the band and they're debuting a bunch of new material a little ways up the road in Port Chester. But on this first night in Brooklyn, a Wednesday, there was magic in the air. I can go on at length but it's late...

Somewhere I thought I remember reading that the taper on this night snuck in his gear inside/under a wheelchair, but I don't know if that's true and I don't know where I am getting that from. I thought the story also went that the reason that the quality of the tape gets progressively worse with time was because the venue (which wasn't sold out) does gradually fill over time, and patrons block the sound.

The La B amba thing... certainly Garcia teases it during Good Lovin, but if something is sung I can't remember it... the quality of the tape at that point is pretty rough. If you can get far enough at long you will get to a VERY early Goin' Down the Road. Like Sugar Mag, this is an EARLY version. One gets the idea that maybe Garcia was just tryin it on to kill a bit of time as he's almost unaccompanied as he starts out singing. Oh and then a couple of minutes in to the tune, you can hear an audience member say, "is that Jack Casady? Told ya" (I believe the Airplane were due to play up at a certain theater on the CT border that coming Friday night the 13th, but they were off this night, so they sat in.

Like so much of the second half of 1970, I doubt we will ever hear a board copy of this show. I hope I'm wrong because this show on the whole is a tremendous work of art. It's not perfect - for example, the Hard to Handle isn't as incendiary as some others - but regardless, I expect I will always remain eternally grateful to the person who taped it for us. Forgive me if I got my facts wrong here, it's late, but corrections/additions are welcomed

user picture

Member for

17 years 3 months

According to the tracking data, the plane carrying my copy of Dave's Picks 51 has just landed at Frankfurt airport on a direct Lufthansa flight from LA. This is the first Dave's that has shipped to me with DHL and it seems to be going much faster than the more usual UPS/USPS/Asendia route.

user picture

Member for

14 years 11 months

In reply to by simonrob

Simon. Thanks for mentioning DHL again I’d forgotten about that. DHL tell me that mine is still in CA but at least it’s in a bag.. My shipping notice came a day after you mentioned yours so mine should soon take flight.

user picture

Member for

11 months 1 week

...incarnation of The Dead (2003) with Jimmy Herring on lead... with wishes of godspeed

user picture

Member for

7 years 10 months

In reply to by simonrob

Good to hear #51 is on the way to our friends overseas.

Anyone in the US receive a shipping notification? I am still waiting on mine. Edit. TN John has his.

Oh and what is the latest gossip from Reddit on this year's Box?

user picture

Member for

3 years 1 month

Why is it that it takes this entity so long to get out shipping notices? Jerry Garcia ordering from them is a pleasure always get the shipping notice days before the release date ridiculous already. That being said why can they Not put o hi res jpg file on the order page of the cover art? They did it for Dave’s 36 why is this such a problem?

user picture

Member for

9 years 1 month

In reply to by gratefulgerd

Hope Mr. Herring is only down a for a few months. Panic's August stuff still scheduled. Again, glad they caught it early. Wrote about him a few weeks back on #50 board. Would re-write it but dont have the energy.

shipping notice tracker says Monday delivery. Maybe similar to other heads in the states.

user picture

Member for

2 years 1 month

In reply to by jjc

I can't pass up an opportunity to complain about it. So, this is an ongoing series for what? Twelve years now? They are released on the last Friday of the month, every three months, again for years...and there seems to be not even the resemblance of consistency. Shit show every time. It's their own damn date for God's sake...not mine.
I almost didn't subscribe in October...but I did...

user picture

Member for

4 years 1 month

In reply to by JoeyMC

Jimmy Herring: good health to you

Shipping notice received

Shipping blues for some, I can see. Luckily for me I have never had a problem

11 11 70...yes, I really wish soundboards existed for much of 1970. I will check out that show

Back in 90 I went to a show at a small place in Seattle where Jimmy H was guitarist. He walked right past me. I almost said hello but didn't

Shoulda coulda woulda...

user picture

Member for

4 years 1 month

In reply to by proudfoot

Heard first few tracks on my morning walk

Music is fine

But early on we have the dreaded talkers

"Let's go pay money for a show that will be many decibels and then blab over it at the top of our range."

S t f u

Please

user picture

Member for

9 years 1 month

In reply to by JoeyMC

Shipping: We have to remember that Discovery Network bought Warner Brothers a little over 2 years ago in a highly leveraged buyout. Discovery just today lost its bid for NBA rights in USA. However, the CEO David Zaslav is a capable CEO. I am sure he has done a full asset review. In my opinion, it took him a while to get to working on Warner Bros GD asset. I am hoping we are now seeing better fruit. I will know Monday if they can get me Dave's as scheduled. His hand is obvious in moving to DHL for European counterparts. I think he realizes GD is a valuable asset, one he does not won't to sell off. Let us watch next year for improvements in operations. I think we will continue to see the GD machine hum much better. He will pull away some operations of GD enterprise to a more centralized unit, but hopefully, leave Dave and the GD machine to do what they know best, that is, GD. Possible Mr. Zaslav had his hand in upping the merchandise side of GD.

Just one man's thoughts. I did meet David Zaslav in 1987 when he as chairman of discovery network; he spoke at the college from which I graduated. His reputation, though, is more of a entrepreneur. That is, he takes home big pay to the expense of company shareholders. They do own the ESPN of Europe, I think is is called Sky news sports (now I think called Eurosport.)

If Simon, Colin, and others get their release before August 1st, then things are noticeably better.

Shipping notice received.

Hope others get theirs as well.

Got a sticker handed to me at my last JRAD show, a quote from Joe Russo "It's kinda amazing when everybody is so fuckin quiet. It allows us to do things. Thanks guys. Silence is cool."

Agree x 1,000,000,000 with Joe's sentiment (and that expressed by posters here).

"Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself."

user picture

Member for

9 years 1 month

In reply to by Oroboros

In 2018 we were having discussions about Osiris REx. A NASA satellite launch which had 2 purposes. 1) It was sent to collect a Sample from near earth asteroid Bennu. 2) After flying by earth to drop the sample to earth, which it accomplished on September 21, 2023, it's name was changed to Osiris Apex (Osiris Apophos). It is heading to Apophos which is a large asteroid that is heading to very near earth in 2029. Apophos means God of Destruction. It is the size of the Eiffel Tower and will be visible with the naked eye. Space trackers have pushed out it hitting earth until 2129 or so, 100 hundred years from now. But still a very high level threat.

Now to continue on this thread considering Grateful Dead and its meaning and Phil Lesh and Egypt. I ran across a great Guitar World report on Phil's "Mission Control" base as part of it follows:

"Just about any Deadhead is familiar with the Phil Lesh bass known as ‘Mission Control’. What is hazy are many of the details, as this bass guitar seemed to simply disappear over 40 years ago.

This astounding custom Alembic bass, with serial number 74 00008, was played by Lesh on stage with the Grateful Dead from June 16, 1974 until July 1, 1979, and was hand-built at Alembic by luthier Rick Turner.

Only the eighth instrument built by Alembic, Turner started it in 1972 and completed it in mid-1974. ‘Osiris’, aka ‘Mission Control’, ‘Osage Orange’ or ‘The Omega’, was built not just for, but as part of, the band’s historic Wall Of Sound. The significance of the Wall Of Sound, another brainchild of Alembic co-founder Owsley ‘Bear’ Stanley III, cannot be overstated.

This grand audio experiment spawned the modern PA system, and set a standard still unmatched today. However, that is only part of the story of this bass and its builders at Alembic. This instrument and a handful of its contemporaries set the stage for the modern ‘boutique’ instrument.

Consider the construction of this bass, beyond its exotic inlays and electronics. When this instrument was built, you could count on two hands the number of instruments built this way. It featured laminated neck-thru construction, coupled with sandwiched, exotic tone wood wings known as ‘The Hippie Sandwich’.

These techniques, pioneered by the builders at Alembic, have paved the way for countless luthiers and instruments that now use these elements as the standard for today’s boutique instrument. Jerry Garcia’s Wolf guitar, built by Luthier Doug Irwin in 1972 to 1973, featured the same type of construction, and was also used with the Wall Of Sound.

Irwin also came from the Alembic tree of luthiers. Used by Lesh at over 250 Grateful Dead shows in that five-year period, the Mission Control bass became iconic in its own right, with Rolling Stone magazine featuring the instrument in an Alembic article in September 1973. It was also featured in its own scene in The Grateful Dead Movie the following year."

Later in the article, dated April 1, 2021, it lists the inlays of Phil's Osiris Bass, also called Apophos in another article as follows:
"The ebony fingerboard is covered in 11 different exotic inlays. For the record, these are:

Mother-of-pearl lightning bolts striking lapis lazuli An abalone serpent eating its own tail
A mother-of-pearl crescent moon
An abalone lizard
An abalone Darkstar Mother-of-pearl and abalone stars
An abalone bat
An abalone infinity symbol
A mother-of-pearl and abalone Saturn
Abalone kissing fish, as Lesh is a Pisces
More mother-of-pearl lightning bolts striking lapis lazuli"

I bring this up as Oroborous has the picture of Oroborous today as his picture. I know we have 2 Oroborus', hope I have the right one. The other talked about making an Oroborous and putting it on stage and then meeting Jerry the next morning and giving it to him. Now that is a long time ago so memory fuzzy. But look at the neck Phil had of these GD symbols. Also, it matches his guitar strap.

There is a lot too this. May post more later, but feel I have over extended the welcome for now. Send PM if you want direct web pages. I am sure they will have to be broken up.

G

From there down the rabbit hole I found articles by Ryan Slesinger, PhD and Vincent Bridges. Both who document the deeper meanings of Grateful Dead as it relates to the book of the dead. These are long involved article which I am still reading/digesting.

Apophis not Apophos. Edit

I have a cool book: Immortal Axes That Rocked, that has cool pics and similar info about Phil’s bass, AND!!! Jerry’s Pretzel Guitar!
Good sheet Mon!

You say po TA Toe, I say p tah to lol
Gary, Yer not seeing double, this time lol (JK)
The original good Oroboros, who is the creator of the ceramic beast and it’s long strange trip, beat me to it by two weeks, so I had seen another spelling some where? Used to think in the Dead Book by C Loves father, Hank Harrison, but now think that’s not correct? Can’t really remember?, and now of course it’s gotten confusing, so like that awesome Seinfeld episode where they all have alternative dimension other selves, like in “Bizarro Jerry”, “Bizarro George” etc, that we’re just like them, only opposite personality wise, hilarious if you’ve never seen it!
So I’m the Bizarro Oro, the Other, Other One Lol the evil twin lol
I felt bad when Marye posted his great tale in the community section but with my spelling. I tried to set the record strait back then, but kept getting pummeled mercilessly by the you know who police!
Thanks again to Marye for posting that awesome tale!
The stories are my favorite reason to hang here, so we need more good tales!

So glad now to be able to give credit where credit is due!
The kind, good, original Oroboros is THAT Oro, and I’m just a second rate loud mouth prankster who eats breaths shits way too much GOGD, but hopefully at least brings smiles and laughs to the people ; )

Oh, the meteorite is crazy stuff, but reminds me of the episode where Kramer has a dream he’s riding one “like a cowboy Jerry” …. ; )

user picture

Member for

9 years 1 month

In reply to by Oroborous

The Other One called OB I haven't seen around here in years.

The reason for that last post was the Osiris-REx/Osiris-Apophos mission there was a NASA deadhead employee that put a live recording of Grateful Dead on that mission. Mind is a little fuzzy, but almost 100% sure it had a Dark Star on it. I started down that rabbit hole looking for that recording. Still havent found it. I will continue to look.

I just stretched out a little because it has been a little lite recently.

To 1971!!!

Trying to Edit for better clarity.

user picture

Member for

9 years 1 month

In reply to by Gary Farseer

We have Air Supply in one room and Christopher Cross in another room on same night.

Guess I'll get all cowboyed up and go trolling for the ladies.

Women go crazy for a sharp dressed man.

user picture

Member for

17 years 3 months

Great stuff on Phil's Alembic, and reminded me how the Oroborous (snake or dragon) was a different ancient symbol of infinity.

Mary reposted my story here, search- JERRY, THE DRAGON, AND THE LONG STRANGE TRIP, AS TOLD BY OROBOROUS

"It ain't what I don't know that gets me into trouble, it's what I know for sure, that ain't so."

user picture

Member for

9 years 1 month

In reply to by Oroboros

Didnt realize we had both on same day. NICE!

Found the repost. Quite lengthy. Will read after I get grooved up!

OB as a sign of death and birth or rebirth, depending on you affinity.

Read that the first time you posted I assume. Cant wait to read again. I even booked mark in my GD folder.

Thanks so much.

And both of you keep posting as much as possible. Just extremely amazing to me both on same day.

user picture

Member for

17 years 2 months

See, he’s a teacher, and thus wisdom etc,
I choose mine more for the comical representation of my life as a dog chasing my own tail…(my original avatar; )

Yes, lol, asteroids and cosmic syncretization, or cosmic debris, both appearing like the Bizarro Jerry street scene!

user picture

Member for

9 years 1 month

In reply to by Oroborous

Loved it back then. May hunt down box.

Never thought about the same thing, sorta, a dog chasing its tail. Hmmm

I am assuming Phil played that bass during '77 new years run.

Yes, meant for both.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years 9 months

So tired of mediocre Dave's picks . Let's retire this series, remaster, remix and plangent process the entire Dicks's Picks! YEAH!

For edification (or de-evolution) of all who read our posts!

I am constitutionally unable to make a long story short, while my brother from another mother Ouroborous can provide succinct and witty insights. Since the dog days of the censuring psychopaths have thankfully abated. Long posts, hooray!

“Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.”

I bought the Seinfeld series on DVD about 18 months ago.
Started at the beginning and am going in order. I’ll watch a season spread out over several weeks, then take a few weeks off (more time off during summer), then watch another season.
Think that I’ve completed 6 seasons.

I highly recommend getting the series if the price is right.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 1 month

Spring '71, always a favorite. Plus a '70 bonus? Yahooooooo! Thanks again, deadnet!

Saw the young Bay Area band Crying Uncle last weekend, at the small outdoor venue of Hopmonk brewery in Novato CA no less. A regular stop for me even without a concert. And this show had Sierra Hull's band as the headliner.

Crying Uncle, some of them under 20 years old and with the national flatpicking champion this year - models themselves on a combo of bluegrass and Dawg music. And yeah, they can play the complicated Grisman riffs. Great future in front of them. Not quite Mark O'Connors yet, but they may get there.

Sierra Hull is an outstanding instrumentalist too, though her singer/songwriter songs don't really wow me.

Most people we talked to there thought Crying Uncle is the ones to keep an eye on. Sierra said she's known them since they were almost tykes, as early prodigies. Mostly they grew up in the Bay Area, and two of them are brothers. Worth checking out.

user picture

Member for

4 years 1 month

In reply to by cactus68

Just got done with the Deer Creek Dave's. That one feels mediocre. No schwing appeal, at least this time around.

However

Retire the series? Nein, danke.

However

Dave should meet with BTKddd to get some fresh insight as to releases.

Billy knows his stuff

user picture

Member for

10 years

In reply to by cactus68

Nevertheless, maybe my favourite Dead releases over the last year or so have been Dicks Picks 2 and 12 remastered on vinyl.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

UPS is saying Monday, but that won’t happen. It’ll get stuck in Rossford, OH for a few days until the truck gets full.

user picture

Member for

11 years 3 months

Listen to some Good Brent stuff today…😔

user picture

Member for

1 month 2 weeks

Get ready to experience the Grateful Dead like never before with Dave's Picks Volume 51! This release features the complete unreleased show from the Scranton Catholic Youth Center, PA (4/13/71), plus a bonus set from Pittsburgh Civic Arena (4/12/71). Limited to 25,000 numbered copies and mastered in HDCD, it's a treasure trove of classic covers and iconic performances. Don't miss out on this essential addition to your collection!

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/en/grateful-dead/special-collections/daves-picks/daves-picks-vol.-51-scranton-catholic-youth-center-scranton-pa-41371/081227817480.html